2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Bay Gal said:
Rumor is that it's been in the works for a long time.

Charlie? Any details that you can share?

Thought it was just a condo project up by the marina.

There's not much room left for much else. LOL
New condos/townhome style complex, with boat slips. They'll re-build the marina. I thought this had been in the works for a while.....

·
Roll Tide!
15,787 Posts
If it's the same deal the developer was sending me flyers a while back. Didn't pay much attention to them.

·
Registered
19,246 Posts
Well its nothing new. Its just the Marina and Condo folks asking for approval of a concept regarding the new Condos and re building the marina. Its been in the works for a while. Six story condo structure west of the marina, all concrete construction, new concrete streets, the usual new stuff. Work should start on foundation for the condos (plans approval) which will take a while but its in th works.

Charlie

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
CHARLIE said:
Well its nothing new. Its just the Marina and Condo folks asking for approval of a concept regarding the new Condos and re building the marina. Its been in the works for a while. Six story condo structure west of the marina, all concrete construction, new concrete streets, the usual new stuff. Work should start on foundation for the condos (plans approval) which will take a while but its in th works.

Charlie
Thanks Charlie,
That's it. Who would have thought that there would ever be a mid-rise at Tiki?
Pretty soon they'll be buying and tearing down bayfront places for more no doubt.

·
Chillin'
4,570 Posts
FLAT FISHY said:
I Rememeber When That Mud Island Had 20 Houses On It And Lots Were Cheap
My neighbor's house was the 7th on the island. Now, if I had just bought 10 or 20 lots when I looked here back in '81-'83, I just might be able to remodel ... ;) I think they were going for about $3,000 a lot after Alicia.

It's been awhile coming, Charlie. I'd heard 'they' were originally supposed to tear down the old marina and being dredging last Feb. The makeover will hopefully be good for the village.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts