·
Now all I need is a Bucket
669 Posts
about time tx marine has been asking for that to happen

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The 08 models are all new design, new bottom, faster, Dryer,sharper looking.Chris Crocker is now working for Texas sportfish and will be selling all boats.Cant wait to get our!!

·
"FIRED UP" Contender
1,146 Posts
anyone ever thought of putting on a contender tourney or maybe a contender / fountain shootout.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Congrats Chris, now when i leave a message with the Contender Dealer, ill actualy get a call back .give em you know what pardner....Mike

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
No the boat never showed back up..There is a tourney coming up 8/25 more info to come next week... Mike it's time for a Contender now ?

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
I've heard that somewhere before. And how can you let those two pirates drive your boat today?

Mike Jennings said:
LOL,,there may be more to that than you think ..CAN WE DEAL ????

·
New RFA Member X other member
127 Posts
I am amazed to here the new Contender Dealer has at least 3 happy customers. One of my favorite sayings is a good deal is a state of mind. I have a family member that paid around $275,000 for a boat from said dealer around the first of the year. It now has 20 something hrs. on it. Not by his choice. They have not completed the rigging as specified in the deal. The engines have never run properly for more than a couple of hrs. Along with other problems still un-addressesd. Spend what a Contender cost at dealer that doesn't have a service department are you stupid or what? If someone over there wants to clear thier name E-Mail me I will contact the boat owner.

·
Administrator
23,853 Posts
Chris Crocker is one of the most straight up, easy to deal with guys I have ever spent money with. He took $10 out of his own pocket over a gasket issue I had with Yamaha and handed it to me on the spot. Not all things are about money, but I would bet that one simple gesture has repaid itself about a thousand times over. If I was in the market for a Contender, his shop would be my first and only stop. He's got some very nice boats sitting on his lot that need some slime on them and bluewater under them in a bad way.

·
Old ******
4,526 Posts
Interesting thread. Given the latest scuttlebut about boat sales on the downswing it would be hard to say this is a good deal or bad deal. I do know that if you treat boat customers like they feel they should be treated you will go broke and if you treat them any other way you will go broke. Sort of a lose/lose situation lately.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
James Howell said:
I've heard that somewhere before. And how can you let those two pirates drive your boat today?
I sware they stole it James, but they did bring me a big warsaw home.
for a cold beer, ill show you how to catch one

on another note,and all dealers aside , Mont is dead on, Chris is one of the few out there that a hanshake and his word still mean something,...Mike

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
i recently repowered with a zuki df 300 4-stroke,, april 2007 , Chris Crocker was the salseman this deal was done on a hand-shake, no money down, no loan approval, Crocker keep my updated during the process and even sold my old yammy for me !
this will be a good move for contender they have an honest salseman that goes fishing and hunting !

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Thanks Guy's .. As far as only 3 happy customers.. Clear Lake Power Boats Svc. takes care of all the service on Mercury Motors. As far as clearing someones name it is...I can only take care of the deals that are in my hands that being said I have made some calls I hope it will help him w/ his problem..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts