2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GUYS
I HAVE BEEN TALKING ABOUT A NEW REEL SEAT THAT I WANT TO GIVE A TRY TO SEE IF ANY ONE MIGHT WANT TO GO WITH A SPIRAL AND NOT HAVE A TRIGGER, IT WILL BE A HIT WITH SOME FISHERMEN BUT WITH OTHERS A NO GO, I HAVE BUILT SOME ALL READT BUT THIS NEW SEAT IS MUCH BETTER BECAUSE OF THE HUMP, TAKE A LOOK AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.
STIX

Attachments

·
Bull Frog hunter
9,276 Posts
BillyStix, thats crazy looking. Not sure if I would like it or not. I can't recall how often I use the "missing end" of the rod. I guess I never paid it much mind. Looks like it would be comfortable but, you asked, I see it being a problem with standard rod holders. I only have one rod holder in my yak, but I think other than that, after a few tries, it could be nice. I will have to try one out somtime and see how I like it. Its just so out of the ordanary. Can't judge withou trying it. Someitmes something new is just what ya need! Hope that hepls a little...........I think its already growin on me. I like that you can be seated in the yak, and not have the "end" in the way!

Anyone use one of these?

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
BillyStix, thats crazy looking. Not sure if I would like it or not. I can't recall how often I use the "missing end" of the rod. I guess I never paid it much mind. Looks like it would be comfortable but, you asked, I see it being a problem with standard rod holders. I only have one rod holder in my yak, but I think other than that, after a few tries, it could be nice. I will have to try one out somtime and see how I like it. Its just so out of the ordanary. Can't judge withou trying it. Someitmes something new is just what ya need! Hope that hepls a little...........I think its already growin on me. I like that you can be seated in the yak, and not have the "end" in the way!

Anyone use one of these?
Wait a minute?!?! Are you looking at this backwards? Isn't the cork covered end the butt of the rod? With the "missing end", where the rod would go into?!

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
I like the look of it. I am thinking the tapered end may be more comfortable than a trigger and single dimension.

Any weight difference?

·
Fishing :you must be present to win.
2,161 Posts
I order one of these this morning from Billy, gonna give it a shot! It may take some getting accustom to, but I think it might end up a hit!

no fore grip or trigger with a "hump" type grip.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I'm only 5'7", so my hands aren't as big as some of you'al 's, but I think I might still be able to reach the front of the hump, when palming the reel. Although a trigger makes a rod feel more secure in your hand during casting, the new design just might be a little more comfortable after casting a few hours.

As for using the butt of the reel, I lean it on my forearm while reeling in, or fighting a nice fish.

·
MHX Pro Staff
1,355 Posts
Billy,
Those Am. Tac. aero seats work pretty dang good for a casting seat. Without the trigger, you can move your fingers around a lot easier to either get a better grip or just keep your hand from cramping up.

·
MHX Pro Staff
1,355 Posts

Anyone use one of these?
You're looking at it wrong. The "missing" piece is the fore grip. Without the foregrip you better contact with the blank, especially if you palm a casting reel.
It was designed to be used as a spinning reel seat, as the hump fits the palm of the hand quite well, even for small hands. They are quite comfortable and once you get past the "gotta have a trigger" thought and really try it, you'll love it.

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
WELL LET ME SAY THIS, THE REEL SEAT IS NOT NEARLY AS BIG AS ONE MIGHT THINK, MY WIFE IS A VERY SMALL PETITE LADY AND SHE HAS NO QUALMS AS FAR AS HOLDING THE SEAT IN HER SMALL HAND, I HAVE ASKED THIS SAME QUESTION FROM OTHER PEOPLE WHO HAVE THEM BUILT NO PROBLEM SO FAR, I HAVE ONLY BUILT 3 FOR LADIES THUS FAR BUT I HAVE RECIEVED NO COMPLAINTS JUST GOOD VIBS WHAT THEY SAID WAS THIS "AWESOME DUDE" NOW HERE WE GO BACK TO THE OLE WEIGHT THING IT SEEMS THAT ALL I HEAR IS HOW MUCH DOES IT WEIGH.
WELL I CAN TELL YOU THIS MUCH IF YOU HAVE EVER HELD ONE OF MY RODS YOU KNOW I DO NOT BUILD HEAVY RODS SO THIS WILL BE ON EXECTPION. I HAVENT WEIGHED THIS SEAT VRS THE REGULAR SEAT BUT I CAN TELL YOU ALREADY ITS LIGHTER.
STIX

·
Bull Frog hunter
9,276 Posts
Wait a minute?!?! Are you looking at this backwards? Isn't the cork covered end the butt of the rod? With the "missing end", where the rod would go into?!
OK the missing end is the butt of the rod. I got/get it. Just different is all. I like it!

You're looking at it wrong. The "missing" piece is the fore grip. Without the foregrip you better contact with the blank, especially if you palm a casting reel.
It was designed to be used as a spinning reel seat, as the hump fits the palm of the hand quite well, even for small hands. They are quite comfortable and once you get past the "gotta have a trigger" thought and really try it, you'll love it.
Exactly! The "gotta have the trigger" is the part I like about it. Never used such a rod, but think it would be sweet! Get a few hours with it and it may turn into the rod to have! I like the idea, just never used one. I was not picking on it at all. I was actually giving feedback as requested. I would love to give it a shot, may just be the old fat guy with the sweet rod soon! I bet it takes a little getting used to but would also bet it turns out to be great!

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
GREAT WADER STIX

I BET YOU I COULD BUILD YOU THAT ROD IN A SPIRAL AND USE THE LOW PROFILE TITATIUM GUIDES , BUILD IT 6FT6 AND USE A 7IN LOWER GRIP AND PUT YOU OUT IN A WADE FISH AND AT THE END OF YOUR WADE YOU WOULD CALL ME UP AND TELL ME IT'S THE BEST ROD I HAVE EVER FISHED I GOTTA HAVE ANOTHER.
STIX
PS I HAVE THESE NEW HARLEY DECALS IN THE MAKING.:brew2:

Attachments

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
NEED NEW HUMP CUSTOMERS FOR TRIAL RUN

OK FOLKS
I KNOW ITS CHRISTMAS AND MONEY IS KINDA TIGHT RIGHT NOW, BUT I NEED 6 GUYS AND OR GALS TO STEP UP AND HELP ME WITH THIS PROJECT WE DONT HAVE TO DO IT THIS WEEK , I JUST NEED 6 PEOPLE THAT ARE DOUTERS PEOPLE THAT MIGHT THINK HMMMM I THINK STIX MAY HAVE SOMETING THERE, I WILL GIVE YOU A PRICE YOU CAN LIVE WITH, IF YOU WILL COME BACK TO THE BOARD AND HONESTLY GIVE ME YOUR HONEST FEELINGS ON THIS BECAUSE I ALREADY KNOW WHAT THEY WILL BE BECAUSE I HAVE BUILT AND USED IT ALREADY BUT MY WORD CARRY'S NO WEIGHT ,YOUR'S DOES NOW YOU KNOW IF YOU TRULY DO NOT LIKE IT, STIX WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU I WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU HOLDING THE BAG, I JUST NEED YOU LOCAL PEOPLE BEHIND MY IDEA AND BESIDES YOU ARE GOING TO GET ONE HECK OF A SWEET ROD AT A SWEET PRICE BECAUSE WHEN THEY BECOME POPULAR YOU WILL SEE THE PRICE INCREASE TRUST ME ON THAT.
SO CAN I GET 6 BRAVE TEXANS I HAVE 1 ALREADY AND I START HIS TOMORROW AND I HAVE 4 IN LOSUIANNA SO IT'S NOT ROCKET SCINCE IT'S JUST A NEW IDEA FROM BILLYSTIX, REMEMBER YOUR THOUGHTS THE FIRST TIME I TOLD YALL ABOUT THE CROOKED EYED GUIDE CALLED THE SPIRAL , WELL LOOK AT THE SPIRAL NOW EVERYONE WANTS ONE.
THIS COULD BE THE SAME THING, I DONT WANT IT TO GET TO THAT POINT BUT I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO HAVE IT FOR THOSE THAST WANT IT.AND I WANT IT TO BE A PROVEN WINNER
STIX

Attachments

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I PLAN ON STARTING ON YOURS TOMORROW AFTERNOON, I HAVE ONE TO COMPLETE FIRST THING IN THE MORNING THEN I HAVE TO PICK UP MY SUV FROM THE DEALER AND THEN ITS ME AND YOUR STIX,
LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING IT STARTED I HAVE A LOT OF PLANS IN STORE FOR IT, YOU ARE GOING TO TOTALLY IMPRESSED AND WHEN YOU FINISH FISHING IT YOU WILL HONESTLY SAY IT'S VALUE IS GOING TO BE MY NORMAL PRICE OF $225 BUT MOST LIKLEY I WILL BUILD IT CHEAPER MOST TIMES, RIGHT NOW I AM NOT TO MUCH CONCERND WITH MONEY JUST SATISFACTION.
STIX

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts