2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
www.centexpressurewashing .com
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife is looking at a Hyundai Sonata 4cyl GLS 06. Or a Toyota Corolla 4cyl LE 06.

Any opinions?

What we want is good value for the $$, warrantee, good fuel economy 30+, room for big people, power windows/door locks. This might be slightly vague, but it is basicly what we are looking for.

Mike T

·
Banned
9,560 Posts
Did you mean Camry instead of Corolla? Or Elantra istead of Sonata? The Corolla is more similar to the Elantra, and the Camry is more similar to the Sonata. The Corolla's not going to fit big people. You are also talking about very different price ranges ($7k-8k difference) between the two. The Sonata is a whole lot more car than the Corolla, but is much more expensive. I would get a Sonata over a Corolla, but a Camry over a Sonata.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Wife has a 2000 Corolla and it has 112k on it, towed a 4x6 U-haul trailer filled to the brim from Pittsburgh to Houston and back and has needed very little other than routine maintenance that I have done myself. The half shaft went out at 36,500 miles but they still covered it under warranty. The boot had a crack and it corroded. I am 6', 200+ and the front seats aren't bad, even on the long drives. I would not want to be in the back seats for any stretch though... Good value. Funny you mention this though, because my wife wants a new car when her last student loan is paid off and she wants to look at a Hyundai. They still have 10 yr, 100,000 mi. warranties and I think their quality has improved greatly the past few years but unfortunately, their cost has gone up as well.

·
Fishing expert, but not catching expert.
345 Posts
Steelersfan, I work for Champion Acura. We have a Toyota store and a Hyundai store. Whichever you decide on let me know and I will get you in contact with the right person. They are both good cars. Send me a PM if you have any other questions.

·
Registered
227 Posts
We went looking at the corolla and civic this weekend. The civic ex was about the same price as the corolla le. According to everthing I have read the civic is the best car for the money you can buy, holds its value better than toyota. If your wife likes sporty cars have her look at the civic si. They run about 2 grand more but blowing them young punks with the big mufflers and decals off the road might be worth it. Awesome little car, definitely worth a test drive. The salesman also said they were trying to move accords and could get us in an accord for for about the same price as the civic ex. (around $19500) This was with a 4 banger and automatic. This was at Honda of Clear Lake.

·
Saltmadness
13,573 Posts
Troy, I got my daughter a Toyota Corolla 4cyl SL. 32 mpg city/38 mpg hwy if not better.
Sweet little ride. Me and the wifey used it once to take out my mother and dad because my Tacoma was getting some add-ons. Step dad is 6'2" and they fit just fine.LOL Also pretty neat to drive at the say time. Kinda like a golf cart. You can park it almost anywhere! But like Shaddy says the Camery can fit the really big guys!

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
thanks...

flounderpounder10 said:
Steelersfan, I work for Champion Acura. We have a Toyota store and a Hyundai store. Whichever you decide on let me know and I will get you in contact with the right person. They are both good cars. Send me a PM if you have any other questions.
Thanks for the offer but, that would be quite a long drive for me to get a car! :) Moved back to Pittsburgh last year.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts