2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just to delivery of the new grady today. i'll try and post a pic soon. it sure was nice to get rid of the cat and finally get back behind the wheel of a grady. cant wait to break it in. i am one happy camper today!

bone

27 grady CC twin 225 yamahas

·
Registered
40 Posts
Enjoy it!

That is a nice boat I'm sure you will be happy with the solid ride. I have the GW 247 with twin Yamaha 115 4 strokes and I love the boat. It rides tough in 3-4 chop for a small 25ft boat. Yours should ride even better. The gelcoat is the best I have seen on a boat.

What electronics do you have on it? (I need to add a radar on my boat).

Eric

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
electronics

i had the dealer install a raymarine system. one screen is RL70C and the other is the L770. so i can show radar, gps, or fishfinder on either screen and am able to split the screens up to 3 ways. it was just a basic system with the RL70C running the whole deal, but i wanted a second screen so i didnt have to split the screen up and everything get real small. it has just a 24 mile raymarine radar dome on it. and a raymarine VHF. havent had time to play with everything yet. hope it all works good. probably should have done it different, but it was easier this way and what the heck, its just money!

bone

·
Registered
187 Posts
A good lookin'g boat indeed. Congrats Bone! What kinda' Cat did ya' have and why did ya' get rid of it? I am considering selling my boat and upgrading to a Cat but want as much feedback as possible on 'em.

Junior

Semper Fi
:flag:

Fly with the head and not with the muscles. That is the way to long life for a fighter pilot. The fighter pilot who is all muscle and no head will never live long enough for a pension.
â€" Colonel Willie Bats, GAF, 237 Victories, W.W. II.

·
Registered
185 Posts
i dont' suppose that will fit in your garage????

is any one else here jealous as hell besides me??????

sweet ride.......reeeel sweet ride!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
first ride

we put it on the lake and broke the motors in today. wow, what a ride. it wasnt to rough but hits some big boat wakes and never got the windshield wet or any other kinda of spray. rode up to the fred hartman bridge and back. kim really likes the head in the console. it was nice not to have to nail the throttles to get on plane, just easy them up to 3 grand and your up and away. 4000 rpms put us at 35mph burning 17gph. 3000rpms was 24mph burning 12gph. not to bad. cant believe we waited this long to buy this boat. cant wait to go offshore and see if she will raise some fish.

lee and kim
happy owners of the "Rig Donkey"

1 - 18 of 18 Posts