2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New boat...what do you guys think

This is Sea Hunt's new flagship, the Triton 290. It has a huge bow flair, and a nice deadrise. The inside looks to have been set up by fishermen, for fishermen.

The yellow boat sitting next to it is the Contender 33T, just for comparison.

Attachments

·
Salty Dawg
7,724 Posts
Sweet. It should move pretty good with those F250s on it. Congradulations.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Very nice, I just got my triton 220 a few weeks ago, and the struggle was between a 21 contender and the sea hunt. I fished both boats before buying and I can tell you the carolina flare is a really dry ride and it was cheaper than the contender and there was only one contender dealer in houston now they have 2, Too late for me but I'm very satisfied with my sea hunt.

Congatulations, Nelson

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
BEAUTIFULL BOAT!! In march im going to buy my first NEW boat A SEA HUNT 220, cant wait, one day i will make it up to the 290. CONGRATS

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
looks like that bow flair ought to know down the spray in a hurry, nice rig.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I am not real sure about the handling and the fishability, but if yu would take me out a couple of times I am sure I could give you my opinion. LOL

·
Registered
5 Posts
290 Sea Hunt

That sure is a nice boat! I got mine in March and I have about a 100 hours on it and I love it. It rides good in the big stuff and is very dry. Good Luck and maybe sea you on the water. Capt. Aaron Kelley / Backlash 3

·
Registered
41 Posts
Very nice.....I just love new boat smell!! I wonder what kind of range you will have? .....Gene

·
Registered
161 Posts
Awesome boat. I've had my Sea Hunt 220 for a couple of months and love it. The flare definitely keeps you dry.

Where did you get it? Where do you run out of?

Definitely let us know how she performs.

-Dave
'07 Sea Hunt 220 Triton
'04 Sea Ray 320 DA

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I got it in Mobile, Alabama, but we run out of Sabine Pass. I took it out yesterday, and she'll cruise close to 40 @ 2.0 MPG. It is unbelievable. Kick it on up to around 45 or so, and she is still getting around 1.7MPG. With 240 Gallons, it gives us enough range to run out to the Flower Gardens and back safely.

·
Registered
12 Posts
That Is a great lookin boat. I was interested in the 260CC. Do you have any knowledge on it. I wish a could afford the 290CC. I have never seen a price on that boat.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts