2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
aka: KSims1868
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got word today that the guy putting my new boat/motor together was able to fire off the motor for the 1st time this weekend. I should be able to pick it up this coming weekend (my birthday weekend!!)....looking forward to it!! I've been without a boat for several months and now I'll be ready for Spring when it gets here.

Boat is a 27' Excalibur flat deck race boat (obviously not a fishing boat...but I guess any boat can be fished out of if you bring poles). I've got enough friends and family with CC boats so I figured I'd stick to something different. Interior is brand new w/ drop down bolsters, dual hydraulic lift hatch, brand new 502 roller w/ many other power upgrades, new gaffrig gauges, controls, and more. She should a good runner pushing around 480-500 hp. Expected to reach the 80 mph mark...but we'll see how she performs in the water this weekend hopefully.

Here are a few pics...

Attachments

·
aka: KSims1868
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's an old-school go fast boat with a heck of a cool history.
The founder of Excalibur boats (Bill Farmer) was in a partnership with Reggie Fountain to develop the 1st ever Fountain race boat. This boat spawned the legendary Fountain boat company as well as Scarab by Don Aranow. Don used the larger Excalibur to build molds for his early 35'+ Scarab hulls. It's quite an interesting history dating back to the mid-70s and well documented among the offshore race world. I'm happy to own a piece of history, and I can't wait for her maiden voyage with a new powerplant.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts