NEW 20FT "SCAT CAT"

25930 Views 55 Replies 27 Participants Last post by  superproboat
Just trying to get some input on our new cat boat "Scat Cat" See at

http://www.proboatcustoms.com

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: 1
1 - 15 of 56 Posts
Thanks for the imput! I took kcliff's advice & put some more pics on. About the console, we did have to re-design the grab rail to go inbetween the rod holders so they would not hit. Chris @ Coastal Bend Marine was the first to bring that up. I do have a new design console in the works. Seems like alot of fishermen don't won't the poles in front of them while underway. Our new console won't have rod holders in them. The leaning post is not standard. You can have whatever you want as a leaning post. We will be rigging this boat tomarrow & I'll get back to you with the performance.

Attachments

See less See more
Lake LBJ Marineland in Kingswood is rigging it with a Yamaha 150hp 4stroke this weekend. We will be testing it out next week. I'll post the results then.
What I meant to say was Lake LBJ Marineland in Kingsland. Not Kingswood... My Bad!
Knock off?

scb factory said:
It does look like another "knock off" from the original Joel Euton/Bajo design...
I'd like to see this "Bajo" design your talking about. How many knock offs have been made with this Bajo? I'll send a pic to Joel and ask him what he thinks.
Also... It's not a Ultra Cat look-a-like, however I did buy the Destiny Tunnel V. line from Joel Euton a few years back & I do use the same console.
Scat Cat

For everyone trying to figure out where this boat design came from, We bought the molds from Jack @ Bay Warrior. This was his 20' cat boat called the Salt Shaker. We have changed it only by building it with 100% composite materials. Also the deck design is ours. We just got back from test driving it with a Yamaha 150hp 4stroke. WOW! what a rush!! 50mph with 3 men on board. It drafts 6 inches. turns on a dime, what a hole shot! We've got a 3 blade 19pitch prop on it now. Thinking maybe a 3 blade 21p or a 4 blade 19p may do it even better. We took a video of the hole shot now if someone can tell me how to put it on here that would be great! Thanks for your help.
I was wondering if Paradog was going to put his 2 cents in!
Ofcourse that's all it was worth..... 2 cents....
WE ARE IN HOUSTON TODAY WITH A YELLOW 20ft CAT SHOWING DEALERS.IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE BOAT GIVE ME A CALL ,AND I WILL BE GLAD TO MEET WITH YOU 830-388-0325 THANKS
The Scat Cat is rated for up to a 175hp. ( I'll change the specs on the website to reflect that.) A 150hp Yamaha 4stroke seemed to push it just fine @ 50mph. We're going to put a 115hp on our next one to see how it performs. If it works out it will be a sweet package for under $30k.
This is the yellow Scat Cat we are putting a 115hp on. Talked to Neil @ Red Man Guide Service out of Sea Drift who's got a Salt Shaker & he loves the performance of these boats. He said he would be glad to take someone out if they were interested in the Scat Cat. Call Neil @ 512-496-3256 cell

Attachments

See less See more
THANKS FOR THE GREAT IN PUT PARAGOD , SORRY WE GOT OFF ON A BAD NOTE THANKS AGAIN
Boat Shows

We are going to be at the San Antonio Boat show with the new Scat Cats & the new 17' High Side Piranha. Come check them out! We will also be in the Corpus Christi show this weekend but will only have a Piranha 21' TV to show. :cop:
Now selling direct to the public in the houston area

Proboat custom's is now selling piranha boats the skinny water boats direct to the public in the houston area ck out our web sit proboatcustoms.com thanks for looking give us a call for more info 830-597-7601
We have changed the molds ,the shop #is 830-596-7601 cell #is 830-385-6693 for more info thanks for looking .
1 - 15 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.