2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Lord, beer me strength!
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys:

I have fairly big feet - I wear a size 13 shoe. But with neoprene waders on, I think I'd need a size 14 or maybe even a size 15 wading boot, to fit over them. Never seen anything that sized at Academy, Bass Pro or online.

I know I am not the only winter wade fisherman with big feet. What does everyone else do? I have used the old style waders with integrated boots, and they work OK. But when it's really cold outside I'd like to use neoprene if I could.

Trust me, spending a day wading the rocks in Baffin with my feet bound up in undersize boots like a Japanese woman is no fun at all :(

Thanks

·
Registered
297 Posts
I feel your pain, literally. I wear a fifteen as does my son, and we have purchased four pair from Cabelas over the years, and have been very satisfied. We actually bought size 15 as we only wear one pair of socks inside our waders and they are plenty big, almost too big. We use ours mostly for goose hunting. GOOD LUCK!!!!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Shoes

I wear a size 13 shoe and during the winter with my neoprene waders I wear the hodgeman size 13 rubber booties when over shell. They are a little snug at first but loosen up once your in the water but I believe they make them in 14 at academy just too loose for me. Over mud I wear the everlast low cut stingray boots in 14 from academy and they fit great ! Good luck and be comfortable!

·
Registered
297 Posts
I buy the waders with the boots built in, more or less made for duck hunting. I do not use them fishing except in cold water in the winter, they are a little bulky for warm water fishing. They are definately big for the size you order. I wear 15's in all types of footwear and all of our 15 waders are bigger than any of our other footwear. I actually have trouble keeping them on sometimes while goose hunting in a sticky field, I always pack an extra pair of socks.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
After you discuss the problem with having big feet, can you shed some light on neoprene waders for someone that is short, with little feet, and a big belly. I'm tired of having the boot type waders pulled off my feet trying to duck hunt or wade fish.

·
Fat boy fresh
2,041 Posts
I ordered mine 3-4 years ago, i don't have the big foot problem (12 or 13) but im a big boy. when you order you can get ones in a stout fit. let me tell you, it made a world of difference. you might give hodgmans a call and see what they say. Mine are camo with the boots attached. also I just looked at them and the tag says Size XLS.

·
Matt. 5:16
66 Posts
I too have big feet - wear a size 13. For years I have been using Shimano neopreme wading boots, they come in different sizes. Mine are size 13 and they fit great over the feet of neopreme waders. They are very comfortable to walk in. In fact, in very cold weather, if you are in the boat without waders, I can wear a pair of cotton socks under a pair of wool socks and pull my Shimano wading boots on top of all that. A little snug but very warm and comfortable for the entire day. Oh yeah, I bought them at Academy and if they no longer sell them, I am sure you can find them on the internet somewhere.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/s...1_55184_500007002_500000000_500007000_500-7-2

In case you can't access the web site above, check out basspro.com, go to "men and ladies footwear", then click on "Waders & Accessories", go to World Wide Sportsman-Flat Boots for Men" >> cost 24.95 and they come in size 13. This isn't Shimano but the boot looks exactly like mine except these have the velcro strap at the top to keep rocks and shell out. I really like the zipper on the side - it makes putting on the boot a lot easier

Hope this helps.

·
<***********>< Fish on.
3,101 Posts
I wear a size 13 as well and have been using neoprene Hodgeman waders and shimano boots for years with no problems.

·
Lord, beer me strength!
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, a couple of you guys say you were size 13 shoes, and can wear a size 13 wading boot over your stocking footed neoprene waders. I have had to do that several times, and it does not work for me, and I can't see how it works for you. How do those size 13 wading boots fit in the summer, when you aren't wearing the waders? Not good I would guess - they would have to be way too big.

I think I'll go back to waders with the boots built in... Seems like a simpler way to go.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Size 13 here as well. I wear Magellan breathable waders with size 15 (maybe 14) forEverlast reef boots. Works perfect with the waders.

I purchased a pair of neoprene booties that I wear with them when wet wading. Works awesome!

·
Lord, beer me strength!
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lat22 said:
Another 13 here. I wear some el cheapo 15s that I got at Academy.
THAT is what I needed to hear! Do you know the brand? I never see 15's at Academy!

·
Fat boy fresh
2,041 Posts
gigem87 said:
I think I'll go back to waders with the boots built in... Seems like a simpler way to go.
plus you still have the boot when you pull your leg out of knee deep mud.

·
Get Off My Bay!
6,584 Posts
Neoprene stocking foots with Hodgman canvas wade boots. Hodgman makes big enough boots to work with size 13 feet and neo stocking foot waders. I wear Simms wet wading, but with my waders I wear the Hodgmans, and I have size 13 EE feet. I have a pair of Shimano black zip-up booties but they are so small in the ankle area I can't get my feet in them with waders. But the canvas lace up Hodgmans open wide and are much more resistant to shell which you will be on inthe winter and spring, I get 3 seasons out of a pair of them. It doesn't hurt when I tear them up on shell since they were only $30 not $120,lol.

·
One day at a time!!
812 Posts
I wear a 14 and have some Orvis breathable waders and wear Foreverlast boots with them. My stingray boots are 15, but the reef boots are 14. I bought both at Academy. You might have to check with a couple of different stores. If you ask an associate they can search the computer to find a store close that has them in stock.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am a size 13 as well and just went and bought some neoprene waders and ray gaurds. I couldnt get a 13 on my feet with the waders at Gander so went to Academy they had size 14 and 15 the 15s were the only ones that fit. You just gotta keep on checking and they will have em. Good luck

1 - 20 of 22 Posts