2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a good independent Yamaha mechanic, preferably in the north or northwest Harris County area. I would prefer an independent instead of a dealer. I just need a little routine maintenance on my 250 OX-66 Saltwater Series (water pump, etc.). I'm sure over time, I will have more serious needs, and would like to find a good mechanic I can trust. I have lots of longtime boating friends, and many have experienced shoddy work at times. Thanks for the help.

·
Back in da Saddle
10,149 Posts
Neals off Huffmeister been there a long time and always hear good reports from them I've only used them one time....

Neals Boat Service

13718 Huffmeister Rd, Cypress, Texas 77429

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
One time for me too, I trust he is good and honest, knows his stuff. When I need a mechanic again he has the job.

·
Retired opinionated old fart
19,917 Posts
I have used Strack's Boat Service on Louetta west of I-45 North for many years. I think they are honest. They are service only; no new boat or engine sales. They are authorized warranty certified for Mercury and Evinrude. They are not authorized Yamaha because Yamaha has a requirement that authorized warranty centers must sell new engines. However, they have worked both my Yamahas and I will use them again when necessary.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts