2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the best place to purchase a portable generator? Home Depot, Sears. Is there an online company to save some $.

I need some help.

Eddie

·
That DamnYankee!!
4,077 Posts
Sam's is where I got mine.

·
Registered
58 Posts
watch for sales

I just bought one a couple of weeks ago at Home Depot. 8.5kW surge, 5.5kW continuous, 10hp Briggs,reg $699, got it for $629. They'll be on sale again soon, but don't wait too long; as soon as one storm pops up in the gulf, the sales will be over. I did a lot of shopping on-line for generators. Sam's club has good prices & good units, some Honda powered, some Briggs, some Chinese. I was hesitant on the ones from Pep Boys & Harbor Freight with the Chinese engines, but I know people that have them & have had no problems with these Briggs knock-offs. They don't have to run much anyway, I guess & the price is right.
Just my .02 Happy Hunting.
Tommy

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
what about reconditioned from Sears? comes with warranty

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
Big question is what size you need.

If you need small and can afford it... Honda Eu200i... Nothing better in my opinion.. The muchulloch (sp) is a great little one at a good price too...

If you need a big one.. They are cheaper

Thomas

·
The C-LISTERS are coming
6,713 Posts
IGO 320 on this board had a new, in the box, Stark 3000 for $500.00 which is a very quiet unit at a good price.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Glad yall posted this,I am looking for a gen.too.May not use it much but will be handy if a storm does come this way.I need one to run a light or 2 a fridge and a 110 A/C.
NK

·
good looking single member
6,603 Posts
If you want it to set for a long time and be able to service it, run non stop, and carry a load using 1 gal per every 8-10 hours.................Honda. Spend more and be certain it will start on the first pull. I own several Hondas and Bobcat Millers for comercial use. The hondas will out work the others in the ground without break downs. I ran 2 Honda eu2000i's for 8 days straight running a fridge freezer, lights, and a 110 ac. Refueled durring the running several times. One gal per 8-10 hours no noise.

·
good looking single member
6,603 Posts
BTW one man can haul the 2000 around easily, so you can fish with it, camp with it, or work in the woods with it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts