2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! I am an inexperienced fisherman travelling with another rookie. We will be in Puerto Vallarta Sept 1 and need suggestions regarding reliable charters. I dont care what we might catch...and from what little I know, dont want to share a charter with others. I have looked at the messages and found that "Drew" is part of a much respected charter organization. Unfortunately, they are booked for Sept 1. I would appreciate any suggestions as to whom to contact and what questions I should ask. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
29 Posts
PV fishing

I went to PV 3 years ago and fished with a local fisherman and his son for $20 an hour. Just go to the local docks and there will be fisherman willing to take you out. Make sure and get on a reliable looking boat, also ask them to take you snorkeling where the locals go it is unbelievable. We caught dolphin, rooster fish, and albacore tuna.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Chappy charters....american owner and is real nice...I would not go down to the dock the day you want to fish and look for someone...there are local guys very pushy selling charters and they are a rip off....you are better calling and dealling direct with the guide and make sure you know what you are paying for and what they expect you to pay for....bait, beer, drinks, food,and etc....also order your food or buy it the night before....the only place to get food in the morning was a little shop that everyone orders from and locals come first..plus they don't open until 7 or 8 am....fishing is good there here are some pics.....good luck

·
Give it hell Remy!
42,851 Posts
pm LuckyDrew (Pacifico Charters) on here... he is a sponsor I believe.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Check out the Bloody Decks board, mainland Mexico. All the charters on the

board are very good. You may want to opt for a day of inshore for pargo, roosters, etc.

Just how many giant YFT does a guy want to wrestle with?

Marlin blues and blacks should be great at that time.

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
We're ok. And touched base with Dick already, Ya know the more I look at that Chappy fish that sucker has record potential written all over it. I wish they weighed that thing, even though they use 130-200lb spectra backing, it would've been great to see. Drew

1 - 9 of 9 Posts