2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mostest Bestest Member Ever!
5,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my crews managed to put a small hole (about 6" diameter) in a customer's hardiplank siding on their garage today. I need a someone that can repair it without having to replace the entire piece of siding. Does anyone know of someone on the NW side of town (Cole's Crossing area) that does this? Any idea what something like this should cost me?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Is it lap siding or the 4 x 8 siding? Either way. it's going to be tough to patch it unless your customer doesn't care what it looks like. You may be able to splice in lap siding over 3 studs and be ok and for the 4x8 sheets at least 2 studs.

My .02

·
More There than here..Gone fishin....
3,926 Posts
Your gonna have a splice or Me..Id replace the whole board..Because if you dont..this is forever gonna be a pain in your asset..
Oxx..
pm if need be

·
5,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's lap siding. If we did have to splice in or replace the whole board, any idea on the cost? It's the very bottom plank.

·
3,926 Posts
Materials x 2..with paint..x 3
Oxx..

·
5,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ox, do you do this or know someone that does? I could probably do it myself if I wanted to bad enough but, well, I don't. :)

·
3,926 Posts
Um Ya... pm me a # & we'll talk..

·
Borders, language, culture
6,344 Posts
Hardi ain't that tuff. Get a hammer and start busting out the rest of it. You should be able to yank it down and right off the nails with a little persuasion. Then get a cut off disc of some sort that you can slip under the piece above and cut the nails off flush. Slip the new plank in there, but the nails will have to be exposed, unless you know some magic I don't. But that's alright, drive them a little bit past flush, caulk and paint.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts