2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
When it rains, I let it.
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new doctor. I have seen ads on tv for a doc search place that will help you find a DR. that can meet your needs in your area. Anyone remember the website or a phone number?

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Ask a nurse who works with'em...

My wife and my oldest sister have been RN's for over 35 years. The best method to locate a good doctor is to ask nurses who work with doctors. They know which Doc's know their s&#t and which are looneytoons.

Several years ago one of our neighbors came over and told us their teenage daughter had to have an emergency appendectomy (sp?). My wife asked "who's the doc?" I immediately detected something when she got the answer. After the neighbor left, I asked "OK, what's wrong with the Doc?". She replied that he has a rep for lots of post surgical infections. Sure enough, 3 days later same neighbor knocks on the door asking my wife to take a look at the daughter's incision. Yep! Infected. Back to the ER.

The problem is: find the nurse! The nurses who work in hospitals, etc know which Doc's they would go to or take their family members...and which ones to avoid!

Anytime anyone in our family needs a new Doc, we always run it past our "in house" reference. If she doesn't know, she can usually check with some nursing buddies and get the low-down.

Howard

·
What was I supposed to Member??
2,873 Posts
howard, thats some GOOD advice! my mom and dad will be moving to alvin soon and will need ALL new doctors. we have been dreading the search. is it ok if i check back with you on this when the time comes?? thanks!

trudy

·
Registered
564 Posts
I didn't even know that real medical insurance was still alive. HMO's require you to pick from their "pool" and even then they restrict what kinds of tests and medications can be used. Lookin' out for your health? Yeah, right.

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
My Sentiments Exactly.....

fishomaniac said:
I didn't even know that real medical insurance was still alive. HMO's require you to pick from their "pool" and even then they restrict what kinds of tests and medications can be used. Lookin' out for your health? Yeah, right.
Anymore, if I start feeling bad it's Nyquil and/or Milk of Magnesia. LOL! If I wake up the next morning, I made it. CF?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts