2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, thanks to Ms Dixie and Bad Habit for all the great fishing trips during the last year and hope for many more.

Okay... I got my yak but I have some questions.

1. How do I secure my poles so when I fall out I am not out any dinero?
2. What kind of anchor do I need, drift etc. And how do I secure it to lower it.
3. Do I put a bow line up front, side, and how do I get to it when I want to secure it to a dock?
4. What is the best PFD. I have to wear one. [Quit laughing Bad Habit]
5. How about a GPS Depthfinder.

I appreciate any help or any pictures that I can view. I would hate to be sighted half way in the Gulf screaming and my wife with my life insurance.

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,429 Posts
I would hate to be sighted half way in the Gulf screaming and my wife with my life insurance.LMAO Mike.... 48qt icechest saved my tail last summer...LOL

·
Administrator
23,852 Posts
Tom runs one of the best yaking sites, out there, http://texaskayakfisherman.com and it's full of experts on the very subject. I read there nearly every day, and they are a good bunch of folks.

As for me, and my drifter

1. Tethers
2. 3 pound foldable
3. Tom's system
4. Tom's system
5. Except for the surf, I use SOS spenders
6. I have both, a humminbird and a garmin.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ice chest

Well Darrell, as I see it I have one big ice chest with two waterproof storage areas. So do I put my beverages in the front or back. And by the way. I have your seat. Just tie a inner tube on the back and I will tow you around. Just yell for refills. I at least I owe you that buddy.

·
Charter Member
5,922 Posts
Here's some rigging pics to ponder...

My OK Drifter...
Your rigging efforts may vary somewhat.
Good luck.
Mike

Depth finder installation...

·
Charter Member
5,922 Posts
Rigged and ready...

Here's a pic of the maiden voyage. Unfortunately kayaking didn't work out for me as well as I thought it would. A bone spur in my shouder made it too painfull to paddle and fish. Maybe one of these days I'll break down and get it fixed and give the yak another try.

Mike

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for the posts. Great tips and pics.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts