2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been working hard on an excel spreadsheet for several days. I recently tried to open it in Access. To make a long story short, now I can't open it in Access or Excel. The file is still there with the .xls extension but when opened in excel, it is not readable. I did this about 5 years ago and our IT people at work restored it for me. Ther're no longer around! Is there anyone here that can help me with it? I really don't want to have to start over on this project.

Thanks,
Kim

·
No, not the purple gay kind!
1,810 Posts
How are you trying to get it into Access? I have found it is nearly impossible to "paste" an Excel table into an Access table. Have had no problem importing, however you need to make sure that you know what your headers will be (no duplications) and your primary key (i.e., column) in your new "imported" Access table. I am by no means an expert in Access or Excel but do work in both all day long. I also have the "bible" series for up to 2000. Also, make sure that your versions of both are compatible.

·
No, not the purple gay kind!
1,810 Posts
Oh, and one more thing, as far as it not opening under either, try, under Explorer, find file then right click and choose the "open with" option and choose Excel. In other words, force the file to open in the application you want.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts