2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
5,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a Mover for removing furniture from beach house and bring it back to Houston for storage.

Volume is three beds, 2 sofas, recliner, 8 chairs, 4 end tables, coffee table, lamps, 1 chest, 1 breakfront, TV & stand plus misc stuff. Intend to leave fridge, stove, older sofa, table, plus misc stuff there.

Anyone have someone they have used and recommend?

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
Dave, you need to be REALLY CAREFUL!! The moving industry is crawling with those that have shady practices all the way to outright crooks. Don't use ANY company with out references and check them all. Get a firm price with pick up and delivery dates and any special instructions noted and have a signature on it. Once they get your property on their truck they have you by the short and curlies. My daughter used to move a lot and she has been victimized twice. You may pay a little more but I'd use a well known reputable company and let Uncle Bubba's Movers that a break.

Good luck

·
Just Happy to Be Here!
4,188 Posts
If you are going to North Houston (or anywhere is TX acutally), I'd highly recommend B & E Movers. My family and friends have used them at least 10 times in the last 10 years, and have never had an issue that wasn't resolved to our satisfaction.

They have moved me personally 4 times, and moved my mom 6 times, and friends of ours 4 times, that I can remember.

They are located up in North Houston, but go everywhere...took my mom from Tomball to Magnolia, Magnolia to Houston, Houston to Bridgeport, then back to Galveston, then to the Galleria, and after that, to Tyler. :)

They feel like part of the family after awhile. :D

·
We all have it coming......
8,792 Posts
Many years ago I used Ark Movers several times with very good luck and my wife used 3 Men Movers and was very pleased. Both have been around Houston for many years.....assuming they still are around.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts