2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the boat out for a test ride on Friday out of SPI, only to be caught in the rain, anyhow we noticed that starboard fuel tank seems to choke up when the boat starts rocking due to wave action, we ruled out the fuel filter, and noticed that our problem is coming from the fuel tank, is there any good detergent/fuel cleaner we can uses in our fuel tank, our plan is to empty out the remaining gas and add some new gas, along with a fuel cleaner, any recomendations will help, thanks

·
Registered
710 Posts
Try Seafoam in a Red&White can I believe, then also put stabil in your fuel if you are going to be sitting up for a long period. Just my O2

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Check your tank real good, My fuel tank mishap last week was a baffel broke lose and was beating in to another one causing the welds to tear out the side of the tank. End result was 20 gal rolling around in the cabin, Kinda made a long two days on the water. not saying this is your prob but just check everything out, Your prob sounds like a venting issue to me.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Anti-siphon valve may be issue. I have had issues with the motor acting like it's not getting enough gas at mid-level rpm (1500-4000). Mechanic explained there is a ball and spring in the fuel line at the tank fitting. this is simply to prevent fuel from spilling out of your tank if the fuel line is severed and the boat is turned over. Most end up removing this ball/spring since it tends to gum up over time. I am fixing mine this week, so hope yours is an easy fix as well.

·
Member At Large
6,637 Posts
have you bot any gas at white sand's lately???......

heard a rumer last night,......... bad gas

heard someone got shutdown 30 miles offshore during the TIFT yesterday........
had change filters, drain water seperators, and get fresh gas from a NOAA research vessel........... (or sumpin to that effect)

anyway, got a box o'BF and released a white yesterday.......... wish you'dda been there

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dirty tank

hey billfisher i think it was the fact that we let it sit for so long without use and full tanks, I always try to get my gas at the texaco, I've heard from other boaters that have run into the same problem from white sands anyways we have narrowed it down to a dirty tank or something in there is ruining our fuel, sometime this week i am going to run down there and get out some of that fuel and put in STARTRON fuel tank cleaner, then we're hoping that takes care of things, so how was tift traffic out by the canyon? how far did you go? any yellows? thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts