2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
From the old school
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need one person for a overniter ....you will have to drive some, sleep on a open deck, cut chum,get wet if it rains, not get sea sick....we don't turn around if you do,clear lines,catch fish,put up with a smoker, clean fish/boat,oh yea drink beer.
I plan on going 100nm and troll ,make some deep drops, and mess around. Sat night we might drift for a swordy and fish for tuna, you just never know what we will do
We will leave sat morn.out of and return to Crystal beach......racing Ernest in on sun exchanging vollies of water ballons. heee heee
I would rather have someone exp in long offshore trips but everyones money is green. cost will be around $100.00
interested parties should pm me asap

·
Kamikaze
4,584 Posts
Better check the sea forecast, it's turning up out there!!! If you decide to go, come back safely and file a float plan!
Good luck!!!!

·
Registered
13,287 Posts
Careful with the water ballons. I pack 'em with poggy oil for use against potlickers. Very effective and they add to the slick.

Seriously, the forecast has moved against us near shore folks a bit. 2 to 3's have become 2 to 4's for Sunday. Deep water still looks great though. Hope you have a great trip.

·
From the old school
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would leave tonight but we decided to wait till in the morning to see how sporty it will be

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Well ya'll have fun because it is very sporty right now. I just got back from messing around in the Freeport area and rode out to the jetties. I am pretty sure I saw Elliot's turning around today. I think the wind is blowing around 300mph. Not a good day at all.

·
Freelance Gynocolgist
727 Posts
Sporty is the magic word, with winds at 15+ all day and night 42019 and 42035 look downright ugly!

P. Limit's trip was nixed, as it was blowing 20+ on beach and 5-6' at 42019.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Started out of Conroe this A.M./ at4:00 got to 1960 and Jokers wild called from Gal. said it was blowing 15 to 20 decided to go crawl back in bed next to Ma Ma and live to fish another day.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Good call Plugger. I was supposed to go with Ernest today but he knows his weather and cancelled todays trip yesterday. I was at the beach today surf fishing at High Island and it was honest 3-4's with an occassional set of 5's at about 4 seconds. It got a little hairy in the kayak a few times when I was deploying baits.

·
One Hell Of A Spoonie Killa
532 Posts
So JokersWild did you end up going out where you planned yesterday? I saw your post a lil to late to take you up on your offer. Maybe next time you'll need another head to share costs with and a can join ya. BTW If you did get out there how did you do?

·
Farmboy
1,273 Posts
JW, I wish I had seen that earlier. I am always up for a bluewater trip. Experience wise, what I don't know, I make up for in effort. Let me know if the offer arises again. Jeff

1 - 12 of 12 Posts