2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those of you that frequent this board know I help run an outfitting business in Montana. We currently offer mule deer, antelope and elk. We are thinking of expanding our hunts to include archery whitetail hunts. NOTE: I am not offering these hunts for sale. I am trying to determine if there are enough folks out there that want these hunts before I actually lease these ranches. This would be classic western whitetail hunting in river bottom habitat with ajoining alfalfa fields. You would have the choice of taking a mule deer instead of a whitetail if you wanted as the tag is good for either species. Tree stands and ground blind hunting. We have located 2 ranches on the Tongue River that have very good whitetail herds. Both ranches have produced whitetails over 170". Based on what I have seen in the area I would think 140"+ is a reasonable expectation. Season opens Sept 1st and runs to mid October. There is a good chance to hunt bucks in velvet for the first couple of weeks. The hunts would cost $2500 -$3000 and include, guide, meals, lodging, transportation, airport pickup. Basicly everything but license included. No trophy fees. Any input is appreciated

1 - 1 of 1 Posts