2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am building a rod for a 9/0, and forgot which way to place the reel seat. I did fine when I built my first rod, but its been a while and your helpful tips would really be needed to refresh my memory.
thanks...

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
reel seat

It doesn't really matter which way you place the reel seat but my personal preference is to place the threads toward the guides. It is more comfortable in my hand when I am feeling the smooth part of the reel seat instead of the threads.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That really isn't what I was asking about, but thanks anyway. Somehow I remembered how the reel seat goes.

·
Parrothead
148 Posts
If you are building a rod for that reel, might I suggest a SPIRAL wrap. Once you fine the blank spine, but your reel seat on 'top' or on the outside of the curve. The spiral wrap then takes the line to the inside or bottom of the curve, taking out all torque when you crank on the rod. I have fished with this set up and cannt believe how much easier it is to fight a fish.

-Just a thought,
John

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am not a real big fan of the spiral wrap. And the picture that I have in my mind (of the spiral wrap) is not all that great, but thanks for the thought. I can already here the guys on BHP laughing/joking if I went with a spiral wrap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts