2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 84 year-old gentleman who owns my deer lease has asked my help in selling his deep water equipment. The reels I can find on ebay(117 penns). The rods (130# test roller guides), I have no clue as to what they are worth. Does anyone know somewhere I take these to have appraised?

·
sea monkey rancher
18,403 Posts
if you get $500 a set take it for sure, the Aussies will pay more if you e-bay it

post these on a sharking forum, they eat those up

·
break out the 80's and them fancy lures
6,836 Posts
So a 117 is a 14/0, I believe. Probably an older one at that. The rods are probably old broomstick Fenwicks or the like, and are not worth much. Post some pics, and some guys can give you an idea. Older 130# rods, I'd say $100 each would be a stretch.

Brandon

·
6,836 Posts
If someone offers you $500 a set, take it, run to the bank, cash the check, and spend it quick.

Seriously, a 14/0 on an old rod would move for $250 total.

Brandon

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
both rods & reels are new, one reel is box one he only got half box . one rod is fiberglass, one is graphite. 10-12 years old he belives. brought at a auction of tackle store in corpus.

·
6,836 Posts
There is a guy selling older Penn 80 Internationals on the classifieds. Nice matching rods with unit butts. 6 sets for $3100. That's $516 each.

Figure a Senator on a rod is worth 30% of that. $150-$200 is what they may sell for.

Brandon

·
Most Non Funny
1,834 Posts
list them on a land based shark fishing forum, like www.extremecoast.com . Those guys love the big Senators, either that, or wait till early summer and ebay em when fishing stuff brings the most about of money

1 - 7 of 7 Posts