2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Pistol58
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some ideas for stocking stuffers for my wife. First year married and in our new house, we arent really doing big gifts this year (though Im thinking shes gonna surprise me with a gift for "us"...a new Big Screen!)...so lets have it, I need some unique ideas.

Hoping the ladies can chime in on this one. :)

·
Registered
12,968 Posts
I need to know more about your wife. What does she like to do? Is she a city girl, or does she hunt and fish? Or is she a ******* like Trod's wife and want a handgun? Seriously though, does she like books, knickknacks, gardening, electronic toys, CD's?
RT

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
An industrial size box of WHOPPERS. I love WHOPPERS, I bet your wife does too. You can thank me later. ;)

·
Pistol58
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I need to know more about your wife. What does she like to do? Is she a city girl, or does she hunt and fish? Or is she a ******* like Trod's wife and want a handgun? Seriously though, does she like books, knickknacks, gardening, electronic toys, CD's?
RT
Little of both really. She actually has been wanting her own handgun, but again, not really doing big gifts. She hunts with me, and also has several several coach and David Yurman bags and jewelry (sad I even know what that stuff is)

So just trying to think of some stuff thats different.

·
Pistol58
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fishing reels
hooks
weights (make it seem heavy, too)
lures
line
6 pack corona longnecks
limes
pack of smokes
No
No
No
No
No
She like Coors light, but I converted her to Miller Lite.
No
No

·
Registered
12,968 Posts
Little of both really. She actually has been wanting her own handgun, but again, not really doing big gifts. She hunts with me, and also has several several coach and David Yurman bags and jewelry (sad I even know what that stuff is)

So just trying to think of some stuff thats different.
Maybe some bath soaps, manicure coupon, candles, or more of her favorite perfume. Or maybe a romantic dinner with you (of course homemade by you with candles and music). That's sure to win you brownie points because she will tell all of her friends what you did and then they will tell her how lucky she is to have you etc,etc,etc, ad nauseum.

PS: See recipe forum and food **** threads

·
Registered
460 Posts
Something from James Avery and/or Bath & Body Works is always a good choice.

·
Pistol58
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Maybe some bath soaps, manicure coupon, candles, or more of her favorite perfume. Or maybe a romantic dinner with you (of course homemade by you with candles and music). That's sure to win you brownie points because she will tell all of her friends what you did and then they will tell her how lucky she is to have you etc,etc,etc, ad nauseum.

PS: See recipe forum and food **** threads
Theres a thought...a dinner made by me....going to the food **** section for some recipes.

·
Native Texan
10,978 Posts
Jewelry always works. One big no is any appliance, toaster, mixer, etc. I was told early on, those are not present grade items!!!!!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Jewelry always works. One big no is any appliance, toaster, mixer, etc. I was told early on, those are not present grade items!!!!!
Au contraire! LOL

A long time ago I hid a nice necklace in the bottom of the box containing a new vacuum cleaner. I wanted her to take it out and insisted that she tried it to see how good it worked. She was being polite but it was obvious that she was disappointed, she did take the thing out of the box and then saw the real deal. Needless to say, the attitude got a little more jovial again, lol!

Stuffers to me are usually lower cost items so I 2nd the candles and bath type items. You can also make a few coupons, use your imagination, lol as they will be redeemable to you whenever she wants to use them. Back rubs, cooked meals, various household chores you know she doesn't like to do, favors of the adult kind, lol. Like I said imagination! Also a good idea would be a DVD of her favorite movie, then another of one that you think she would like as well as some popcorn and the necessaries that you would get if at the theater. Some spa treatment would also be on the list somewhere in theere...

I could prolly come up with a few more, good luck with whatever you choose to do! :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts