2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I AM NEW TO GPS UNITS BUT I AM WANTING TO ADD MORE DETAILED MAP INFO TO MY NEW GARMIN GPSMAP 60C. I HAVE LOOKED AT "MAPSOURCE METROGUIDE" VERSION 5 BUT IT STATES THAT automatic route calculation works on the PC only NOT on the GPS itself. WHAT DOES THAT EXACTLY MEAN? LIKE I SAID, I AM NEW TO THIS GPS AND NOT FAMILIER IF automatic route calculation IS SOMETHING THAT I REALLY NEED TO WORRY ABOUT OR NEED BECAUSE GARMIN'S OTHER PROGRAM, WHICH IS GARMIN "CITY SELECT" VER.5 DOES OFFER AUTOMATIC ROUTE CALCULTION ON BOTH THE PC AND GPS. I JUST DON'T KNOW WHICH OF THE TWO PROGRAMS WOULD BE BETTER. PLEASE HELP

·
Just a Member
126 Posts
Not sure exactly what your after, "more map detail" and "autorouting" are entirely different topics.

I know autorouting is a feature normally important in highway navigation and less so in marine navigation, at least for fishing purposes.

Map detail can be increased (but still limited to the details contained in the maps your using) as follows. From menu > map > under general tab > detail, select most. This controls at which zoom level your map details begin to show up! Good luck

·
Banned
607 Posts
Are you just looking for mapping help on the water or driving? If you're looking for water navigation, the Blue Chart is the only one to use. The CitySelect does offer autorouting but your GPS has to be capable of it. Give us some more info and we can probably help...BTW,,,I just looked at the Garmin site and your GPS does have autoroute and turn by turn, get the City Select...You can PM me and I may be able to get you a good price on the software,,,what is the Memory of your unit? If it is a small memory you may not be able to store alot of info on it...

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i have the garmin gpsmap 60c and i am talking about when i use it for driving purposes. it does come with a basemap but i want more detail like street names and address search and of course to route me

1 - 5 of 5 Posts