2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Don't Panic!
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this is the right board, but I am need of a Golden Retriever puppy for my grandkids for Christmas. We don't necessarily need a purebred, but would like an inexpesive one. Anyone have any leads? If so please pm me and give me some info.

Thanks in advance.
BigWill

·
Elder Angler
985 Posts
Will, check out the Golden Retriever Rescue. Many people buy Goldens without researching, and when the pup starts chewing the furniture or dad's slippers, they give them up. The Golden is about as nice a breed as any, but you have to expect some chewing.

·
El Viejo
23,413 Posts
Will, check out the Golden Retriever Rescue. Many people buy Goldens without researching, and when the pup starts chewing the furniture or dad's slippers, they give them up. The Golden is about as nice a breed as any, but you have to expect some chewing.
x2 on Cope's suggestion. Son has had two Goldens from Rescue and both were GREAT dogs.. Sure the kids would rather have a puppy but there are advantages to getting a grown, sometimes trained, NON-chewing dawg..lol.......GREAT 'Kid Dogs"

·
Registered
605 Posts
I would like to 2nd the above posts about the rescue league....they are a remarkable group.

Remember that a puppy can be a vague statement....as it really does not say how long a puppy is a puppy. It varys from dog to dog...but generally, a large breed dog such as Retrievers, are puppies for about 20 months....and if not properly supervised or kenneled, can and will chew and dig up many things.

Here's the link to the Houston Golden Retriever Rescue
http://www.grrh.org/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts