2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been Keeping Up With This Board For Over A Year. You Guys Are Great And I Relly Enjoy The Information. During That Same Time I Have Been Looking For A Offshore Boat And Finnally Found One But Survey Says Needs New Transom. Gradywhite Marlin With Outboards. Boat Is Near Freeport, And Bridge Harbor Gave Me A Bid. But Someone Said There Is Another Place Called Dos Amigos Just Up The Ditch From There. Does Anyone Know What Kind Of Work They Do? And Or Can Anyone Recommend A Good Fiberglass Man In The Area.
Fished Out Of Matagorda Saturday Went To A Rigs On Una Mas
2 Kepper Red Snapper,2 Keeper Lane Snapper, 2 Vermillon, 1 Large Blue Runner, 1 Triple Tail, 6 Strawberry Grouper, And 1 King By Accident. Great Water From 18 Miles Out. Slow Day.
Thank You Ahead Of Time For Any Information.
Jeff

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not in the area. But with a Grady, Mako or Whaler - I'd try Orlando's Fiberglass in Leauge City. It's not in the area but you can get close by water. Not sure if they have a trailer to yank you out and block but you might call.

I recommend because that is all Joe works on and specializes in. He's put three out for us, as well as Texas Sportfish Yacht sales to name a few. Only boats in his yard will be Grady's, Mako's, and Whalers, with the occassional Parker. Joe doesn't like to repair the Bayliners of the world for obvious reasons.

He's not quick, but is worth the wait. He recently teamed up with John Meeks, previous owner of Meeks Marine. (they share a whse just behind his old dealership on 2094. He's got his 5-star mechanic with him and they are working on Yam's, Merc's and J's - I think. We will be there for new tanks in November when the season turns. Also - HiTec is just next door and can do Aluminum and upholstery.

Hope this helps.

·
NRA LIFER
3,210 Posts
Dos Amigos Yard

The yard is located at Turtle Cove. You can drive to it on the levee road between Hwy 332 and FM 523.

Talk with Noe, the owner, for an estimate. He does do transom work and I have heard nothing but praise for their fiberglass work. I know he did transom work for 25Vector on this board recently.

What year is that Grady.....? I would get the hull number and call Grady in N.C. and ask if there is any warranty coverage available.

Good luck with it.

Bob

·
Registered
134 Posts
There is a gentleman named Hans in Clute that does excellent work. I don't remember his last name and don't have his number handy. (I know, big help) Maybe someone can help me out here.

·
Registered
38 Posts
info

A guy slipped me a card in Sergeant, he does hull and structural repairs, floors, gellcoat, paint, leaning posts and rigging...

Fiber-Works Marine Restoration
Howard Dane/Owner
979-245-0882

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I will second Joe Orlando. And definantly recommend Meeks outboard service. I worked at Meeks Marine with both of the technicians and they are AWESOME. They do so much extra that they don't even charge you for and that is cutting to there money. So as a second note if you need minor tunes and water pumps and stuff I would highly recommend those guys they are great gives you that good feeling like they give a poop cuz they really do. Also you might want to consider Angels Marine (he works for John partime) he is also very good at what he does and might be a little cheaper then Joe. And chances are he will travel to the boat. His number is 281-250-7383

·
Registered
15 Posts
Dos Amigos

If the boat is in Freeport, go to Dos Amigos. He converted my single motor transom to a dual motor transom and it looks unbelievable!! While the boat is there, ask about having the hull waxed. For about $150 those guys turned the faded hull into looking like it got a new paint job. 979 239 2940

Steve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts