2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Reel Easy
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an excel problem I need helo with...I am compiling a price sheet and have three columns..

Column A--List Price
Column B--35% Discount
Column C--My Cost

What do i need in column B to automatically calculate the list price minus discount into column C???

Thanks

·
Tiny is Gone... Hi, My Name is ROGER
5,886 Posts
=A1*(0.65) Then Just Copy and paste it down the whole list.

If you want to see the discount go =A1*(0.35)

Or this........

OOOPS!!!! Mine got's 3.5%.. but you get the idea.

Attachments

·
It's fish spelled backwards!
570 Posts
Only problem I have with the help above is that Tiny said to copy and paste. Don't copy an paste. Use the fill handle.

Enter a formula into whatever cell you need. Then to copy the formula to the next cell below, move your mouse pointer to the bottom right corner of the cell that you just entered a formula into. The mouse pointer will change from a white plus sign to a black plus sign. This is the fill handle.

Click and hold on that corner (with mouse as a black plus sign) and drag (any direction). Excel will copy the formula you entered in the source cell to all the destination cells, changing numbers or letters depending on what direction you drag.

Example: If you type into cell C3, =A3 + B3 and drag down, on row 4 (in cell C4) the formula will automatically be changed to =A4 + B4.

·
"Wizards begin as blacksmiths"
6,256 Posts
Finally! I've been copy and pasting formulas for years! Thanks! Green sent!

Only problem I have with the help above is that Tiny said to copy and paste. Don't copy an paste. Use the fill handle.

Enter a formula into whatever cell you need. Then to copy the formula to the next cell below, move your mouse pointer to the bottom right corner of the cell that you just entered a formula into. The mouse pointer will change from a white plus sign to a black plus sign. This is the fill handle.

Click and hold on that corner (with mouse as a black plus sign) and drag (any direction). Excel will copy the formula you entered in the source cell to all the destination cells, changing numbers or letters depending on what direction you drag.

Example: If you type into cell C3, =A3 + B3 and drag down, on row 4 (in cell C4) the formula will automatically be changed to =A4 + B4.

·
It's fish spelled backwards!
570 Posts
The fill handle works for a lot of stuff.
Type 1 into a cell and fill, all will say 1.
Type 1 into a cell, and 2 into the adjacent cell, then fill and cells will say: 1, 2, 3...
Type 1 into a cell and 5 into and adjacent cell,
then fill and cells will say: 1, 5, 9, 13...
Type January into a cell and fill. will do months
Type Sunday, Type times, dates... all will fill.

Now, if you want a cell in a formula to not change when you fill; put a dollar mark in front of the cell reference.
Example: = A2 * $B$2, filled downward, next cell will say = A3 * $B$2 - two won't change because of the dollar mark. Filled sideways, letter won't change because of the dollar mark.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts