people have to be crazy if they think people are going to pay $100-$150/day
just to shoot 12 birds. Looking for something around $50/day. Probably hunt
2 days, 2 or 3 hunters. Thanks!

MEGABITE

·
----------------------------------------
23,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Spec- I can't get that link to open up. That would be good cuz we pass thru Sabinal on
the way to Uvalde. I'll check into them thanx!

MEGABITE

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
George West...

I have hunts available in George West if anyone is looking for anything in South Texas. No lodge available, but three-four different places where I can almost always find the birds. Mostly tank hunting.

·
100% BS
7,120 Posts
try Shane Hearn at Texas Hooves and Horns.com......he guides in Uvalde...I believe he is 50 per day....he is a good guy and will treat you right. A friend of mine is trying to get me to go on a hunt in Hondo for 75.00 per day...gotta pass on that one...especially when I can shoot all I want on my lease.

·
Let's Go Fishin Boss!
7,913 Posts
Try This

Contact the local chamber of commerce and inquire about day hunts, they usually will have a list of names,phone numbers & prices. You aught to be able to find something decent after opening weekend for the $25 - $40 day rate.
Good Luck, dove hunting is usually great down that direction.

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
i've hunted w/ a lady in uvalde a few years ago. her name is RJ usually she's in the chronicle. usta be $50.00 now i think it's $75.00. havent been in two years but she had like over 2000 acres to hunt on all milo and sesame w/ a big ole stock pond to hunt over too. it's about 15-20 minutes from downtown uvalde. just cant think of the full name. this lady makes a killin. on openin day a few years back there must have been over 100 guys out there maybe more but theres plenty of room to hunt. i always stayed around the pond in the shade and did pretty good

·
We all have it coming......
8,788 Posts
Shane!!!!

Bucksnort said:
try Shane Hearn at Texas Hooves and Horns.com......he guides in Uvalde...I believe he is 50 per day....he is a good guy and will treat you right. A friend of mine is trying to get me to go on a hunt in Hondo for 75.00 per day...gotta pass on that one...especially when I can shoot all I want on my lease.
Here's a link to a THH thread that has Shane's info. He is a SUPER guy. Will treat you right. He's $50 a day.

http://texashoovesandhorns.com/eve/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=957606107&f=728603547&m=9411056111

·
Certified Bile Spewer
1,398 Posts
San Antonio

I haven't checked the local paper classifieds for day leases here in the San Antonio area this season, but in the last few years there have been several places in the dove-rich NE and NW areas of town offering day hunts for $25-$30 a pop. This time of year I sit through evening work meetings here on the far NE side of town and try to count wave after wave of whitewings, flying into town to roost. It's common to count 60-80 visible birds a minute. Lots of dove in the area now.

Good luck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts