2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
What about my member?
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been fishing the upper coast for a few years now and have never made it down below Matagorda. This weekend the family and I are going on a short trip to Corpus and I wanted to know if any of you guys could tell me where to get some fishing in. I don't care if it's beach front or bay waters, but I am not pulling the baot and have limited access. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

-Brian

·
Member since [email protected]
285 Posts
Best bet....

Around the entrance to the Mustang Island park, down near the bridge to Corpus Christi, there are several dirt roads on the CC Bay side. Run up to the bay at one of the passes and you'll find plenty of bait fish and places to wade fish. The best we saw anyone do was a guy with live shrimp on a popping cork

On the surf side it was nasty with the wind. Good luck.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Ditto on the piers and little dirt roads.

The first tailing red we ever saw was down one of those dirt roads, somewhere near the state park area. Also, piers are good under the lights. Definitely stay away from the gulf side -- lots of wind. There's a jetty next to the Lexington, next to Pier 99. Pretty good seafood there, the place next door has a lot of night activity so you need to watch the kids walking back to the car. And there's some pretty good wading in that same area. Good luck.

Lil Bit

·
Registered
469 Posts
Fish Pass Jetties

So here is a suggestion. I live in Corpus and if I had to choose 1 place this weekend I would head to the north jetty at fish pass on the beach and walk to the end and cast a plum chart TTk at a 45% angle to the South from the end. I would work the bait low in the water column and get ready to put a few fish on the stringer. If this does not work I would go home. This advice is for real and will work. If you have any questions IM me and I will give more details.

Aggie

·
What about my member?
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all of the suggestions. They are much appreciated. Getting ready to load the car and should be headed out shortly. I'll let you know how it was on Monday!

-Brian

1 - 9 of 9 Posts