2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Texas Lady Angler
2,410 Posts
My husband and I are the same way. He has to work real hard to surprise me because I have to tell him what I want. He has got better over the last few years though. Plus anything he wants or I want we buy during the year. Anyway here are a few possible leads.

Usually can't go too wrong with a piece of jewelry (necklaces are pretty generic). Kohl's has some good sales right now and there is usually a coupon in the paper or in the mail. Also, James Avery has a nice store in Webster by Baybrook Mall. They're kind of expensive but you can buy a charm from that store and then just get a sterling silver chain somewhere less expensive. A James Avery box is usually impressive.

Clothing is kind of hard to buy for someone else but a nice sweater or robe is usually a nice gift.

If she has a "guilty pleasure" (mine's Starbucks) you can get her a gift card. That's one of my favorite gifts. Maybe nice chocolates from Godiva or fancy coffee beans.

If she's cold natured a really nice, soft, fuzzy blanket is an appreciated gift.

Also, there's a place in the mall called Bath & Body Works. They make up all sorts of neat baskets with soaps, lotions, oils and stuff. Lots of different scents at varied prices.

Just a few ideas off the top of my head.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My husband and I are the same way. He has to work real hard to surprise me because I have to tell him what I want. He has got better over the last few years though. Plus anything he wants or I want we buy during the year. Anyway here are a few possible leads.

Usually can't go too wrong with a piece of jewelry (necklaces are pretty generic). Kohl's has some good sales right now and there is usually a coupon in the paper or in the mail. Also, James Avery has a nice store in Webster by Baybrook Mall. They're kind of expensive but you can buy a charm from that store and then just get a sterling silver chain somewhere less expensive. A James Avery box is usually impressive.

Clothing is kind of hard to buy for someone else but a nice sweater or robe is usually a nice gift.

If she has a "guilty pleasure" (mine's Starbucks) you can get her a gift card. That's one of my favorite gifts. Maybe nice chocolates from Godiva or fancy coffee beans.

If she's cold natured a really nice, soft, fuzzy blanket is an appreciated gift.

Also, there's a place in the mall called Bath & Body Works. They make up all sorts of neat baskets with soaps, lotions, oils and stuff. Lots of different scents at varied prices.

Just a few ideas off the top of my head.

Good Luck.
Luck is what I will need. I'm not the best shopper in the world and kind of wanted to delete this thread, but couldn't figure out how to get it all deleted.

She can go out and get what she wants, but wants me to put some thought into it and have something under the tree that is going to be a suprise.

Thanks for the ideas, I'll deffinately take them into consideration, if I can find the time to quit thinking about me, which is what she says I do all the time. I'm sure some guys on here have heard that before.

I've got a few days to figure something out. Thanks again Bubbette.

·
I'm a millionaire in a .02 opinion world
2,569 Posts
Get M&M's made with some cutesy stuff on 'em. Can't go wrong with chocolates. The ones I ordered will be in today for the GF. B&P

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
Is $50 the budget she gave you? You can always spend more but I understand if your watching cash flow right now.

The small charm and maybe put some thought into doing a nice homemade/hand written Christmas card.

when on a budget you could always get some materials and make something like a picture frame. Find a good picture of yall together, vacation or even you with your dog or something.

Just an idea if you are a handyman.

·
http://talesofhumor.blogspot.com/
4,635 Posts
I tried to get my wife a girlfriend one year.. didn't work out.. she gave me a divorce for a present on New Years...

·
Know it, Love it, Kill it, and Grill it!
1,839 Posts
I bought my Ex a new rod and reel one year. She broke it over my head when I gave it to her. She left never to be seen again. Too bad for her there was a 4C tennis braclet hanging off the 3rd eye of the rod. So I sold it, bought myself a new gun and academy replaced the broken rod. Turned out to be a great year for me. LOL

·
Certified Man Card Holder!
1,652 Posts
Luck is what I will need. I'm not the best shopper in the world and kind of wanted to delete this thread, but couldn't figure out how to get it all deleted.

She can go out and get what she wants, but wants me to put some thought into it and have something under the tree that is going to be a suprise.

Thanks for the ideas, I'll deffinately take them into consideration, if I can find the time to quit thinking about me, which is what she says I do all the time. I'm sure some guys on here have heard that before.

I've got a few days to figure something out. Thanks again Bubbette.
What does she like to do? You gotta give us more to work with here.

If she is technologically inclined I would suggest one of the new netbooks that are available. If you are going to get one make sure it is a 11.1" or larger screen netbook.

Bath and body works is nice but you need to know what type of scent she likes, or at least what she doesn't. Nothing says I love you like the scent you can't stand, lol.

Clothing is nice but it can be pretty difficult to get something that she likes in her size but it can be worth a shot. I find that jackets can be a little easier to purchase the right size without getting into too much trouble for getting something too big or too small. Fitted leather jackets and pea coats are always a good bet.

One thing that I have found to be very well received is purchasing a new perfume for her. If she has a couple of perfumes that she likes write down the names and go into one of the perfume shops, like a perfumeria, and ask them to recommend some fragrances that are similar to the ones that she likes. The pretty the bottle the better! Bvlgari crystalline perfume is a really nice scent.

James Avery is good stuff. Get in on a week day because the weekends are crazy this time of year. Go for a Lover's Knot ring, http://secure.jamesavery.com/jewelry/search/product/R-1255/Lovers-Knot-Ring/, or something with some meaning behind the piece. It lets her know that even if it isn't something she would normally wear, you were at least thinking of your relationship and how much it means to you. Grab a ring, other than her wedding ring, and take it with you so that you can get the right size.

Give her a card with something sentimental or meaningful written inside to let her know that you appreciate your relationship.

Gift cards are fine but put them in her stocking. If you have never put together a stocking for her then I would definitely put one together this year. Find out what kind of candy she likes and get some of the junior size candies to add some bulk. If you buy some jewelry, then put a piece in the stocking. Wrap everything you put in the stocking no matter how big or small. Put a think of lip balm in there, burts bees, and other little things that she might use. It is not about the cost in a stocking it is about the thought. Find out what kind of makeup she uses and get her the exact item she has, even if she still has some left, and put that in the stocking as well.

Spa certificates are also good items to give. 1 hour Swedish massage, facial, and mini pedi/mini manicure is a good start. There are some nice spas in the Clear Lake area, Bergamos is nice.

If you want, I have tomorrow off and am going to do some shopping if you want someone to drive around with. Let me know.

William
(409) 789-9761

·
Registered
526 Posts
Wow, big Willie is good.Someone trained him right.
My hubby does not do malls and lets me know that unless I make an amazon wish list the only thing i will get will come from Walgreen's. Women need to stop expecting men to read their minds.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Call MC he will send you to his Rolex dealer!

·
Certified Man Card Holder!
1,652 Posts
Wow, big Willie is good.Someone trained him right.
My hubby does not do malls and lets me know that unless I make an amazon wish list the only thing i will get will come from Walgreen's. Women need to stop expecting men to read their minds.
It is not so much training as it is the fact that I have a deep respect for my wife's emotional and physical needs. One of the many ways my wife recognizes that I express my love for her is through the sincerity and thought that I put into special occasions. She knows that I have listened to her through out the year and the fact that I care is demonstrated from the meaningless lip gloss that I put in her stocking to the jewelry and perfume that I buy for her. Not everything has to be expensive as long as you have put thought into it. Just getting the right bath soap scent and her favorite candy lets her know that I am thinking of her.

A lot of people say that I am whooped but I think that I am more in love with my wife now than have ever been in our relationship. We have been together for 10 years but it seems like just yesterday we were flirting back in highschool.

I guess if anyone trained me it was my grandfather. He always was able to honestly express his love to my grandmother and their long marriage and relationship is a blessing for our family and a constant reminder of the right way to treat someone that you love.

·
Charter Member
5,925 Posts
Does she have a GPS? I bought one for my daughter. After playing with it a few minutes, my wife said I want one! And she already has one (Garmin nuvi 650) but she likes this one even better.

Get it today and it should be delivered by Dec 23, or that's what my order says.

Go to TigerDirect and search for the Garmin 1300
It's $124. Additional warranty is $24.98. Sounded like a better than average deal to me.

It's a slim model and would fit a purse nicely if she decides to take with her. Also it has the "Where am I" mode that will display her exact location and gps coordinates along with the nearest address. Almost got me wanting one and I also have the nuvi 650! :)

Good luck
Mike

·
Banned
1,905 Posts
It is not so much training as it is the fact that I have a deep respect for my wife's emotional and physical needs. One of the many ways my wife recognizes that I express my love for her is through the sincerity and thought that I put into special occasions. She knows that I have listened to her through out the year and the fact that I care is demonstrated from the meaningless lip gloss that I put in her stocking to the jewelry and perfume that I buy for her. Not everything has to be expensive as long as you have put thought into it. Just getting the right bath soap scent and her favorite candy lets her know that I am thinking of her.

A lot of people say that I am whooped but I think that I am more in love with my wife now than have ever been in our relationship. We have been together for 10 years but it seems like just yesterday we were flirting back in highschool.

I guess if anyone trained me it was my grandfather. He always was able to honestly express his love to my grandmother and their long marriage and relationship is a blessing for our family and a constant reminder of the right way to treat someone that you love.
:biggrin:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
OMG

Time to turn it in man!

:slimer:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts