2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We didn't catch our limit but we did catch our capacity.

Had to go home because we couldn't fit any more in the ice chest.

I figue we need a bigger ice chest.

·
Back in da Saddle
10,159 Posts
Good Job ... But sit tight while the "you should not keep fish folks get back from sunday services!!!!"

John

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Mullet,
nice mess of trout. Did you catch them in the same general area you've been fishing?
Topwaters and plastics?

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
You guys sure are quick to try to get the arguments going aren't ya?! Great catch Mullet. Nice try on the troll. I sincerely hope you don't get a bite and ruin his great catch thread.

·
Gone Fishing
11,998 Posts
no kidding ...I think mullet fishes the upper Galveston bay....which is my back yard.. I THINK i need to just grind a lil more...the fish are here...and ...thats a good haul.)

·
Galbayfisher
624 Posts
Yea, they would fit!!

Nice mess of fish. Bet they'd fit if you alternated the heads and tails as you put'em in side by side.. LOL.

:bluefish: :bluefish:

·
Starboard List
1,882 Posts
Woah! Nice haul!
Looks like i was a day late and a few trout short!
Was it pretty rough yesterday? Seems as if the wind hasent laid since sat afternoon.
Here it is only monday and i gotta twiddle my thumbs at a thing they call work for the rest of the week... THANKS MULLET! lol
Gotta hook up again soon. I'm sure i would have had a few more sat if i had more lines in the water.
--Hop

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Da Rook,
That's why they're "hot spots".
It's crowded out there, especially on the weekends. If someone gets on some good fish he might tell a friend, but it would be crazy to post it on the internet. My 2 cents.

·
Banned
30 Posts
i hear you kenny.... but galveston is a big bay... if he just said he caught 'em at say... seabrook flat, then that'd be pretty helpful and not necessarily give up his secret spot. A fishing report without an approximate area/location is pretty worthless to me. It's like telling everyone i caught bunch of fish last weekend, and that's about it. People do appreciate an informative, detailed report .

·
What's a Corky?
3,107 Posts
I understand what you're saying Rook, but all of us know how hard Mullet works to find his spots and his fish. If he or anyone else chooses not to tell where he caught them he is more than entitled. If you pay attention to people's posts you can figure out approx where they are fishing. Heck, with all of the pics Mullet throws up he might as well give you GPS!!!! Just kidding Mullet, love the pics!!! Part of the fun of the whole reports board fun is figuring out the subtle hints. Hang in there bro!!!!!

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Been out of Pocket

Sorry I haven't got back on this post. I've been away. So here it is.
I took the kids out on Sunday, got a pint of shrimp and went to dollar reef on the north side of the bend in the levee using popping corks. The water was a little off color and the wind was heavy out of the south. We went to one of the few spots that would be protected. The key to using live bait to me seems to be, as I tell the kids, to rip the cork as hard as they can about every 4 to 5 seconds. Like working a top water.

The thing with the small cooler was a joke for that I could send a picture to my brother that has a place down in Venice. He is always bragging about the boxes of fish he catches.
Like the one here with my nephew.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok

We were not anchored we drifted all around the area. We just got lucky because I don't usually fish around there. It was just a convienent spot that was protected from the strong south wind that day.
We launched at the $hitty little launch under the 146 Bridge at Dickenson Bayou.
We went out almost to the bend in the levee and started drifting.
We came back and kept making drifts, moving up and down the levee covering allot of area. Had to use 2 drift socks. The wind was 20 to 25 mph.
It seems live shrimp will catch fish when nothing else will, as long as you keep popping the cork. I don't think you can make to much noise or pop it too much. Remember trout key on sound when feeding.

I caught -zero- (not a bump) on artifiacials the kids caught all the fish on shrimp.

Go Astros !!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.