2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Daiwa Saltist 40H. Anyone have any advise or suggestions on rods? I'd like to use this for both casting and trolling.

(STT40H Conventional - Ultra High Speed Reel, 2 CRBB, 2BB, 1 RB, 6.4:1 Gear Ratio, 24.30 oz.)

Attachments

·
Banned
26,320 Posts
Don't know what kind of stick to put that reel on. You would need a rod larger than ones I know much about. That reel sure is pretty. Is it a virgin? You might get more responses on the bluewater board!

·
Registered
581 Posts
American Rod Smith Rods

Silver King Rod from American Rod Smith http://www.americanrodsmiths.com/Products/ProductPage/tabid/151/Default.aspx

The "New" Silver King Series™ rods from American Rodsmiths were designed by avid saltwater pro's Darrell Skillern and James Plaag of Silver King Adventures to be the fi nest tarpon and saltwater stand up rods available. Made of IM6 Blended Graphite and 8 Ton E-Glass these rods have combined the light weight of Graphite with the strength of Fiberglass. With FUJI™ real seat and double foot stainless steel guides, this rod won't let you down when you have a FISH ON!

American Rodsmiths, Inc.
7449 Wright Rd.
Houston Texas 77041
Phone: 713.466.7849
Fax: 713.466.0299

I just bought a Daiwa Saltist 40H. Anyone have any advise or suggestions on rods? I'd like to use this for both casting and trolling.

(STT40H Conventional - Ultra High Speed Reel, 2 CRBB, 2BB, 1 RB, 6.4:1 Gear Ratio, 24.30 oz.)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Silver King Rod from American Rod Smith http://www.americanrodsmiths.com/Products/ProductPage/tabid/151/Default.aspx

The "New" Silver King Series™ rods from American Rodsmiths were designed by avid saltwater pro's Darrell Skillern and James Plaag of Silver King Adventures to be the fi nest tarpon and saltwater stand up rods available. Made of IM6 Blended Graphite and 8 Ton E-Glass these rods have combined the light weight of Graphite with the strength of Fiberglass. With FUJI™ real seat and double foot stainless steel guides, this rod won't let you down when you have a FISH ON!

American Rodsmiths, Inc.
7449 Wright Rd.
Houston Texas 77041
Phone: 713.466.7849

Fax: 713.466.0299
I'm sure if you go w/ ARS rod, it's gonna say "made in China"
be carefull!sad2sm

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Go to Cute rate/FTU and talk to Terry Jones in the back where the rod building stuff is. They build some rods and put them on the rack. He'll talk to you as long as you want and answer you're questions, only bad thing he'll talk you into building your own.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Serious Tackle - Sea Magic Rods

Go and see Chris at Serious Tackle on I-45 South at the Texas City Outlet Mall exit. He makes and sells Sea Magic Rods and he stands behind what he sells.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts