2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Friend of mine is tired of fighting with the steering on his boat.

What is the best steering system for a outboard? I have heard things mentioned concerning a zero degree system ???

Please give me your input on the best system and where to buy it for the best price!

Regards,

Topwater

·
Registered
17,210 Posts
"One that works":)

Need a little more info. What size boat & motor?

·
Registered Somewhere
5,633 Posts
Bobby said:
"One that works":)

Need a little more info. What size boat & motor?
Was that there before? I better get some new specs and pay more attention. Sorry for the repeat questionss.

·
Back in da Saddle
10,159 Posts
Teleflex SeaStar hyd system...

http://www.seastarsteering.com/

Also if he trims his outboard properly it will not fight him so hard does he know this????

John

·
Banned
607 Posts
jtburf said:
Teleflex SeaStar hyd system...

http://www.seastarsteering.com/

Also if he trims his outboard properly it will not fight him so hard does he know this????

John
Second that, put it on my boat 2180 Bay Stealth with a 150, turns like a dream, makes loading the boat easier as well. When you're lining up on the trailer and having to make the quick corrections it is a lot nicer. I got the Heavy Duty set up just for over kill and got the angled helm mount to make the steering wheel sit at a better angle. I also put a steering wheel on it with the Knob on it, that made steering alot easier as well...

·
Genesis 9:2-3 & Deuteronomy 12:15-16
21,162 Posts
plain jane no-feedback system will work just fine on most any boat without having to worry about a hydraulic leak..

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Hydraulic has been by far the best I've ever had on any type hull with 150hp or larger engine. Under 150 a good no-feedback system is usually OK except in extreme steer torque generation situations. I'd recommend taking this up with an experienced boat rigger before spending money. Just a personal thing - For safety's sake I would not run any boat that was not equipped with a no-feedback or hydraulic steer system.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts