2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a tripod (14-16 ft) for the lease this year. Who manufactures them in the area? I live in Galveston.

Thanks

·
Baitboy
276 Posts
are you looking for a local dealer/builder or one of the types academy or bass pro sells? I would call academys and ask if they still have any left over from there clearance sells, you may find one that away or post an "I want" on the classifieds

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Warning!

Stay away from the Wal Mart Stands! They are a bit flimsey at the height you want. The Academy in League City had them. Good stands!

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll checkout LC Academy, thanks HH. I also found them at Dickinson Feed and Supply. They have tripods, fiberglass box blinds and feeders.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Dickenson Feed is another great choice. We use to buy all our Spin Cast feeders from them till we switched to Magnum.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, next question then......should I go ahead and order a magnum feeder from magneum? Are they that much better? What does Dickinson Feed sell? On-time(sometime)? Thanks HH

·
Registered
298 Posts
It is hard to beat a magnum feeder. To be honest with you I am an outfitter and hunt deer for a living and I LOVE their photocell feeder. It is the most depedable feeder unit I have ever owned and it will sling corn. Be careful walking to your bowstand if you get there late. Will get an eye put out.

·
Genesis 9:2-3 & Deuteronomy 12:15-16
21,162 Posts
The best feeder I have experienced is On-Time. No digital anything, sealed great for the weather. To set times all you need to do is place a clip on the rotating time disc. Runs on 11 double A batteries. Awesome rig and I have had them for years. If one were to break, mail it in and they will fix it for you for the cost of shipping.

http://www.backcountryjournal.com/ontime.htm

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys, feeder is bought--Magnum 55 gal w/rechargeable 12v battery, solar panel, digital timer, great lid clamp---on sale at Magnum Industries--$30 bucks off! Getting a strong built 14 foot tripod soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts