2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, been reading the forum and it seems everyone survived the storm in one way or another, I'm sure glad to hear that.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good Suzuki O/B mechanic. I have a 2004 Suzuki 4 stroke 140 that will not go into drive, motor runs fine and goes into reverse fine. Thought it might be a linkage so i disconnected that and it won't move into drive at all, but still goes into reverse with no problem. If anyone knows of anybody (preferably near the north side of houston - but willing to go elsewhere) i would surely appreciate it!

Thanks all

G

·
Props For Busha's Boat Works

I've taken my boat (with twin Suzuki 175s) to Busha's twice. First time was for the 200hr maintenance. Second time to replace a bent prop shaft. Busha's is honest, does great work, knows their stuff and are very reasonable on price. Not too bad of a drive down Hwy 59, then Hwy36 to Bay City. 979-245-3369 is the number I've got for him. Address is 3113 Nichols Rd. Bay City, Texas.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
buzzard bill said:
I've taken my boat (with twin Suzuki 175s) to Busha's twice. First time was for the 200hr maintenance. Second time to replace a bent prop shaft. Busha's is honest, does great work, knows their stuff and are very reasonable on price. Not too bad of a drive down Hwy 59, then Hwy36 to Bay City. 979-245-3369 is the number I've got for him. Address is 3113 Nichols Rd. Bay City, Texas.
That would be hwy 60, not 36 to help avoid confusion.

·
Registered
847 Posts
If only I had $5K extra for my repower I would have gone there too. Really their quote was close, I got a smokin deal from someone else on the engines. Thanks to another 2cooler for the heads up I owe you a cold blue brew. Mr Busha seemed quite straitforward, but coudln't meet others deals.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
You better take me fishing because, I am about to fix your problem and I paid $250 to learn this at the shop.

your shifter has corrosion on it due to lack of lubricant or you not rinsing the area . have some body shift and look for a piece a metal moving outside under the cowling that needs to be rinsed and lubricated if your boat is parked for more than 30 days in salt water exposer. enclosed is the pic of the area

Attachments

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks all, I think I have a pretty good idea where i'm heading with the boat!! I called Busha's and will be moving it down there Saturday.

As for corrosion: I don't really think that's the issue, the motors are always washed off with f.w. after being run and stored in a dry storage shed. Also, i would expect corrosion to be the case if the motor had begun this behavior at the dock, not after running fine for 12 hours. Thanks for the reply though!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Busha gets my vote

Busha get my vote and Mr Busha himself is very personable and will treat you right. :brew2:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts