2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Don't touch my junk, bro!
5,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay a relative sent my family a christmas package. In it for me was some coffee, including several packets of the Starbucks Via instant. I'd like to pass that along to a solider in the combat zone. Its pretty good stuff and only requires water (preferably hot) to turn it into coffee, so it'd be really good for someone in one of the FOB's without alot of ameneties.
My BIL comes back this week, otherwise I'd send it to him.
If you've got someone that could use just a random package of cheer, first Name and APO address in my PM box gets it. Thanks,

·
Registered
26,148 Posts
ask your BIL if he's got a buddy over there that is not rotating out - or did not already recieve a Christmas package.

·
Can't be what you ain't.
8,451 Posts
My brother is coming home within 20 days or I would give his name. Good on you JamisJockey.

·
Hector
1,019 Posts
You could contact the local VFW in your area or try, http://www.anysoldier.com/. They can make sure it gets to where it needs to. There are several units overseas and the one soldier that receives the package would appreciate it. I remember people much like you that would send over such packages with coffee, candy and a billion other comfort items. I was never able to put a face with the name, but just so you know, I do appreciate what you are doing, and they will also! -Hector

·
5,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think V-bottom's daughter is about to get coffee from a strange man

:tongue:

·
5,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay stuck them in the mail just a little bit ago.

·
Cert.Weigh Master,since 1999
15,196 Posts
Thanx sir, its cold over there too, and I know she will appreciate it. Bless U and all that make lives a little more pleasant.

·
5,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanx sir, its cold over there too, and I know she will appreciate it. Bless U and all that make lives a little more pleasant.
You bet.

If she needs anything let me know, I really don't mind.

Followed Hectors link going to send an anymarine package out real soon like.

·
Get Off My Bay!
6,584 Posts
Way to go. I have an address of a young man over in Afg. if anyone is interested as well. He is actually a young brother in law of a member here. I asked on here in early Dec. for a name and address and got his and sent him a couple boxes of stuff for Christmas. I hope he sends back the envelopes I included so he can tell me what else he and his buddys need, I already have a box started.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts