2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since we rent a home on the far west end of Galveston, it looks like we'll be "homeless" for a while. We were really fortunate in that we only had minor roof damage. I think we have some missing shingles and water caused a sheet of the living room ceiling to fall. Downstairs mud room was completely flooded and will have to be redone, but it's structurally sound. That said, I don't know how long it will be before we get sewer, water, power, and insurance loss-of-use reimbursement.

If anyone knows of a relatively inexpensive 1BR furnished place to stay, please let me know. It makes us no difference whether it's a RV, a cabin, a mobile home, or a mansion. We do have a toy poodle, we don't smoke, and I can't give you a firm time period for rental. I want to go home as soon as possible, but it will probably take 2 weeks before repairs are done at home.

I'm working out of a temporary office near the Galleria and my husband should go back to work at UTMB soon, so somewhere between here and there would be fine.

Thanks!

Elaine

·
Old School 2cool
8,283 Posts
Elaine, I sent you a reply to your PM before I saw this thread. My number is in that PM. The home next to us is not furnished but this is "2coolfishing" and I've seen a lot of miracles roll through here. Gimme a shout and I'll put you in touch with the right folks. Tight lines, H/U

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Maybe rent or borrow a camping trailer and park it in your driveway or at the state park.
Maybe someone has a spare bedroom?

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
kenny said:
Maybe rent or borrow a camping trailer and park it in your driveway or at the state park.
Maybe someone has a spare bedroom?
A camping trailer would be awesome! Now I just gotta find one. :D Seriously, though... I just thought of someone who might have one available for me to borrow. Thanks for jogging the brain cells!

Elaine

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! I've got a few leads to sort through now. I sincerely appreciate the help.

Elaine

Hooked Up © said:
Elaine, I sent you a reply to your PM before I saw this thread. My number is in that PM. The home next to us is not furnished but this is "2coolfishing" and I've seen a lot of miracles roll through here. Gimme a shout and I'll put you in touch with the right folks. Tight lines, H/U

1 - 6 of 6 Posts