2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just moved to Humble, and I am looking for a place to take a deer that I shot this weekend. Any suggestions would be very helpful. Thanks.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I was in Juniors Texas Best Smokehouse located in Wharton this last weekend and I saw a flyer that mentioned they are branching out with the new location being 290 and Hwy 6.

I make my own sausage but I know a guy who had deer processed there before and they do an awesome job. Their sausage beats out all the processors that I have tried and they make some great "survival sticks." The flyer said they are up and running so I am assuming they are processing deer but not certain. You may want to call them because it looks as though their website hasn't been updated.

http://www.jrstexasbest.com/

·
Registered
112 Posts
I like Jr's also but I live in Sugar Land and hunt south so it is convienient for me. If they have opened a store on the northwest side I would take it there. I have also heard good things about:

Fisher Ham & Meat Co

5023 Spring Cypress Rd
Spring, TX 77379
(281) 376-1644

·
Registered
349 Posts
Blue_Wave028 said:
I was in Juniors Texas Best Smokehouse located in Wharton this last weekend and I saw a flyer that mentioned they are branching out with the new location being 290 and Hwy 6.

I make my own sausage but I know a guy who had deer processed there before and they do an awesome job. Their sausage beats out all the processors that I have tried and they make some great "survival sticks." The flyer said they are up and running so I am assuming they are processing deer but not certain. You may want to call them because it looks as though their website hasn't been updated.

http://www.jrstexasbest.com/
i've been wonder if that place has some good stuff,may have to try it this weekend...

·
Registered
495 Posts
J&M Sausage Company - located on Hooks Airport on 2920 near Tomball.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am a local in wharton county and i would reccomend JR's been takin and buying most meats their and its bout the best you can get at a good price. I dont even bother with Prasek's used to go there years ago but finally got over priced.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I agree, Juniors is the place to go. Link and salami jalapeno cheese are the best. Go 60 pork 40 deer and you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
may be a journey for you, but Midway in Katy will set you right with very little out of your wallet.

·
US Army Aviation NSDQ!
3,720 Posts
drathe3112 said:
J&M Sausage Company - located on Hooks Airport on 2920 near Tomball.
I second this! We have been using them for about 3 years now. Their jerky, jerky sticks, summer sausage, and sausage is just awsome. Good price too. Nice guys. My father and myself, plus the other guy we hunt with all bring our stuff there.

·
Banned
296 Posts
Dont take your meat to Hildebrant's in Tomball unless you want to be stiffed for half your deer... I cant say one good thing about them, and it wouldn't hurt my feelings if they went out of business..........

·
paulbaytown
86 Posts
I use Goings meat market in Baytown they do a very good job i believe they are off Wallisville road and close to North Main just north of I-10

·
Registered
187 Posts
I agree on Last step in Humble. Great sausage, honest and good pricing. They are on Townsend, just east of 59. Try some of the hamburger and sausage mixed with bell pepper, onion, jalapeno. Can't remember what they call it and I am out of it, mmm good

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I second J&M Sausage on Steubner-Airline...........Mike and his crew have been doing all my processing for the past 8 years.......Awesome sausage and summer sausage.......Capt. Wayne

1 - 18 of 18 Posts