2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
November 19th with Eddie Burger in Venice Louisiana. He has a brand new 36' Twin Vee, 12 hour trip, split expenses.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
I think Steve M wants to know about the cost and accomodations LMAO................later,Dave

·
Kamikaze
4,591 Posts
Hey steve, i did not follow ya! what was the question one more time please????

·
Registered
589 Posts
I am interested. Same question as other. Cost? Accomodations?
Make sure that Ed has a chum churn. Try to catch some hard tails for live baits. They can save the day.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is a tuna trip. I will be talking to Eddie tonight to get more information.

The cost will be 1200 - 1400 depending on how many people, I need to confirm that this is fuel and everything included.

I will post again this evening after I get more information.

Bill Young

·
Registered
589 Posts
Bill,
How many can fish at the same time? It's hard for more than 4 to chunk off the back of most boats.
Trip costs should be same no matter how many anglers up to the CG max. Usually 6.
At 1200 that had dang better include fuel and everything.

Check your PM

Be Young said:
It is a tuna trip. I will be talking to Eddie tonight to get more information.

The cost will be 1200 - 1400 depending on how many people, I need to confirm that this is fuel and everything included.

I will post again this evening after I get more information.

Bill Young

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
My understading is that you pay $900 plus fuel which takes it to somewhere in the $1200-1400 range in Venice.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Steve M, I tried to PM you but it wouldn't work.

The price is 1400 up to 6 people.
35.00 each person for a room for one night, check out after trip.

Let me know if you need more info.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Steve m

Steve I sent you an e-mail yesterday with more info about the trip.

Let me know something, I need to call and reserve a room.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Rooms and charter are reserved and paid for.

Received 100.00 deposit from TPope today (10-26) balance due will be 180.00 (+tip ?) and 35.00 per night for room.

I hope we can all agree, if we split expenses then we should split whatever fish we catch between everyone ( even if I am green and hugging the rail for 12 hours!!) LOL

·
Registered
589 Posts
Be Young said:
Rooms and charter are reserved and paid for.

Received 100.00 deposit from TPope today (10-26) balance due will be 180.00 (+tip ?) and 35.00 per night for room.

I hope we can all agree, if we split expenses then we should split whatever fish we catch between everyone ( even if I am green and hugging the rail for 12 hours!!) LOL
Thanks for the heads up!

Sure we'll split the catch. But, ifna you're gonna be sick and chum for us, let me know just a little ahead of time so that I can get a chunk bait in ahead of ya. LOL

I will be bringing my own rods.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
we stayed at the delta inn last year. had to do our own cooking and cleaning the kitchen, ran out of dishes, another group was staying there the nite we arrived-some of us had to use the motel next door with was quite a bit cheaper.. don't know if anything has changed since then.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the warning, I might just take a sleeping bag and sleep in the truck if there is no room.
From what I have heard all the motel and hotels around are all filled up with oil field workers fixing all the damaged rigs from the storms.

·
Registered
589 Posts
drfishalot said:
we stayed at the delta inn last year. had to do our own cooking and cleaning the kitchen, ran out of dishes, another group was staying there the nite we arrived-some of us had to use the motel next door with was quite a bit cheaper.. don't know if anything has changed since then.
I was on that trip. Vic is shooting straight here. We did cook from what was in the fridge. They were plain, good meals. We had not planned to have to cook for ourselves.

I'll do my KP and help however needed. We do need to understand before arriving what we'll be facing. There ain't much food in a one redlight town at the end of the road. The nearest good seafood is several miles back up the road in Empire. Place named Camp's.

I'm in for fresh sashimi as soon as I can get it. Pan seared tuna and/or wahoo would make a great dinner.... My 2 cents worth... Yall talk it up...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts