2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently relocated to Clear Lake from Pensacola, FL. Galveston seems to be an awesome place to fish, but I've found that you can't just jump in and start catching fish. I've ran-aground enough to know the waterway fairly well, but I need a little help on locating some near shore structure. In Pensacola, I had 12 way points in my GPS marking wrecks, reefs, rubble, and other structures, all within 5-6 miles of the pass. Some of the dive shops there have waypoints posted on their websites for divers and fishermen info. I've been looking for a list of near shore sites near Galveston that I could access on selected days, but haven't found much info. Barr's reef is the closest one posted (TPWC Website) that I've found. Is there a list of near shore public waypoints available? Also, I can see a couple of rigs from the pass, is there any restrictions on fishing the rigs. Can I just pull up to one and drop anchor? I have ventured out about 15 miles in FL, but it seems to be a little more wind here. I would like to start slow with a few short holes. Any help appreciated.

A couple of weeks ago an old aircraft carrier, the USS Oriskany, was sunk off Pensacola for use as a recreational reef. See the link below for some good pictures of the sinking.

http://www.irishmansoftware.com/Oriskany.htm

·
Back in da Saddle
10,159 Posts
Come to the Bluewater board for near shore and off shore info...

John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts