2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so my Wife and I are having our second kid. We both like boating and being near the water so we are trying to come up with a catchey name that goes along with our lifestyle. We had Grady picked out for a boy...Ultrasound this morning revealed a Girl. Jenn and I are SO EXCITED!!! We have a boy so a little girl will be perfect...Only problem is we havent come up with a catchey girls name. I've come up with Marina, Gale, Brooke, Catalina, and Careen (like when a sail boat leans to one side). So far none of them jump out at me but we also like the name Gracie or Grace. I know it's not 2cools job to name my little girl but we need help. And no MC won't work:p and she allready said no to 24Buds:brew:

·
I Member Like It Was Yesterday
3,473 Posts
How about Dinghy? (just kiddin)
Finn
Lake
Pearl
Océane - one of the Top 5 baby names in France in 2007
Dylan - means "son of the sea" in Welsh
Mary - "star of the sea"
Lorelei
Meredith - "sea lord"
Kai - Hawaiian for ocean
Cordula - "sea jewel" in Welsh (pron. CORD-yu-la)
Caspian
Halle- thinking of the sea
Maris- ruler of the sea
Kaelani- of the sea and sky
Ariella
Coral

Kai- sea
Merrick- ruler of the sea

·
388 Posts
I don't know the answer to this one.

I guess I'm not nautically smart. Is Grady some nautical term? When I see the name Grady, I think Sanford and Son.

When I see the name Marina, I think Lee Harvey Oswald. That was his wife's name.

In any case, congratulations to the both of you.

·
Registered
12,968 Posts
How about Bonita?
Its a very beautiful colorful fish and in Spanish means pretty girl.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't know the answer to this one.

I guess I'm not nautically smart. Is Grady some nautical term? When I see the name Grady, I think Sanford and Son.

When I see the name Marina, I think Lee Harvey Oswald. That was his wife's name.

In any case, congratulations to the both of you.

Well maybe not nautical in the true sense of the world, but it makes me think of the boats!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Ok so my Wife and I are having our second kid. We both like boating and being near the water so we are trying to come up with a catchey name that goes along with our lifestyle. We had Grady picked out for a boy...Ultrasound this morning revealed a Girl. Jenn and I are SO EXCITED!!! We have a boy so a little girl will be perfect...Only problem is we havent come up with a catchey girls name. I've come up with Marina, Gale, Brooke, Catalina, and Careen (like when a sail boat leans to one side). So far none of them jump out at me but we also like the name Gracie or Grace. I know it's not 2cools job to name my little girl but we need help. And no MC won't work:p and she allready said no to 24Buds:brew:
Everyone has missed the most obvious one, "Carina".

The great constellation "Argo Navis", a ship in the southern sky, was later divided in four distinct constellations. "Carina" is the constellation named for the "keel" of Argo Navis.

I once named a boat "Vela", the sail of Argo Navis and also the Spanish word for sail. Barco de vela means sailboat.

·
Registered
183 Posts
girls nautical name...

Someone above said Finn

I have friends who named their little princess

Finley.

P.S. off the subject, kinda. There is a Ski Nautique in the San Antonio area owned by a blonde girl. The name of the boat is Nauti Blonde.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Just keep t a normal name! remember this child will have to live with this name for the rest of her life. and kids can be cruel. sorry to rain on your parade just felt compelled to point this out.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts