2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
JS Fog
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First thing I would like to say is Mr. Bill is a GREAT teacher.

The second thing I would like to say is I need more lessons.

The Gulf Coast Wood Turners open shop night was at our house last night, and we started a natural edge bowl. I learned how to use a bowl gouge to turn the outside of the bowl. The bowl was left with me to finish today. That was not a good idea. I glued the bark, but that still did not keep me from busting a large piece off. I had several deep groves on the inside, but was working to sand them out and save the bowl. That was when I found a spot that I had turned so thin that I know can see through it. Not sure why that spot got so thin because the rest of the bowl is about ¼ to 3/8 thick.

Mr. Bill I will bring it with me Saturday and coach me on the many things I did wrong.

I would like to thank Mr. Bill for all the help and say want a GREAT teacher he is.

Here are a few pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
803 Posts
You missed cake and John fried fish and shrimp. Wonderful. We eat show our latest turnings and then make shavings. Great gatherings on turners. Than we got to see the picture of the end product

·
Registered
26,148 Posts
it's a long haul from W Houston to down there in evening traffic.

I go to George's - it's not quite 15 miles and still a bear with traffic...I did start a hollow form on Tuesday :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts