2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of guys on the Kerr Lake board are heading down to Santee-Cooper Reservoirs to compete this weekend.Last year they finished 8th...Any of you guys hittin' it?One or two"blind squirrel"bites and you, too,could be the National Champion of Catfishin'!!!

·
Registered
728 Posts
nobody invited me LOL....
I'd like to be there for the weigh in to see what gets brought to the dock
How do they fish the tourney? Is it one day, winner take all?

They had a tourney on Lake Anna last year (not a national one) and rumor has it 3 pounds won the thing...

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Watch the weigh-in?If you can be under the weather Fri.-Sun.,I'll give 'em a holler at Harry's Fishcamp&Marina,and clue 'em dat "Team NightTrain"is headin' South...With my fishin'"savvy"and your good looks,we could leave there with all the cash,trophies,and women....You down for it,Hawk?:dance: As "Nature Boy"Ric Flair would say,"WOOOO000ooooo!!!!:dance:

·
Registered
728 Posts
I don't think I could stand the ride to South Carolina right now. I have to get out and walk around the car at least once on my way into work in the morning...

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry to hear about the back thing...but....you could just stand there and look good!!!:wink:

·
Registered
728 Posts
I don't look THAT good LOL... The back is going to be fine, one way or the other.... the Doc ordered some xrays a while ago, and we're waiting for the report to see what my next "move" is... either chiropractor or surgeon... one way ot the other, the back pain has got to go... I can't sit in the car and ride for more than 30 minutes or so without leg pain... my butt feels like someone has a death-grip on one cheek, and the other side feels like I'm sitting in luke-warm water most of the time... I don't know what any of that means, but it wasn't like that before the car crash. My neck is also perpetually stiff.. like it's got a ketch in it... if I could just get it to pop just right....

So life is on hold, 'cept work of course... have to go in to work, else the world would end, to hear my boss tell it... I got asked today how long this "back thing" was going to take to straighten out. I said that I wished I knew.... the pain pills make me feel okay until they wear off.. and it's probably not a good idea to drive very far on darvocet...

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
...or work on nuclear power plant!!Easy on the painkilla's,big boy...Don't want ya pullin' a "Homer Simpson"!!
Can relate,though,to some degree...haven't been able to sleep longer than 2-3 [email protected] a time,for about a week,now(hip pain).But,one has to make oneself get up and persevere through the long,dark night in search of monster cats...just kidding,man:biggrin: ;) .You ought to not mess with that outboard for a while,I suppose.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I'm thinking about taking the whole mess (boat, trailer and both motors) to a guy in Williamsburg, Va. who works on Mercurys out of his garage, and telling him to call me when I can pick the boat up in RUNNING condition... He can put the broken motor in the boat, and I'll haul it out with a chainfall when I tow it home...

I don't take the meds while at work, if I can get by without them.... I had to report to my supervisor that I am on pain killers, and then it had to be reported to our "fitness for duty" coordinator for evaluation, before I could work... I do not, repeat: DO NOT, operate the nuclear reactor... probably never will... so there is no danger to the equipment, personnel, or the public. Just thought you should know that :)

I'd LOVE to check out the boats of the guys fishing in that tourney. Just to see what "real" catmen have in their rigs, how they're set up and what kind of tackle they pick... I bet they fish with the same gear I use LOL.... rods and reels

I'm hitting the sheets early again tonight. Got to get all the rest I can for the Accreditation Team tomorrow... They grilled me like a cheap burger today, and I expect more of the same tomorrow...

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah,we get the grillin' for accreditation at the hospital,too...I hate that week.:cloud:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey Hawkeye,
sorry to hear about your back problems. I have had a long running battle with my back so I can empathize. Don't let anyone lay a hand on you until you have a very specific diagnosis and don't even consider surgery until you have exhausted all other options. I am not a fan of chiro's. I used to go to one but after we were getting nowhere he told me: "truthfully, we are in the pain releif business, not the problem fixing business".
He was a nice guy and I appreciated him telling me the truth. I am however a big fan of physical therapy. If you want any info give me a holler...W

·
Registered
728 Posts
Metalman,

Thanks for writing. I think I have a pinched nerve in my lower back, and a vertebrae out of place in my neck (I can feel it and it doesn't feel like it's where it's supposed to be). My doc sent me for xrays and I go in to talk about them Friday. I have spent a considerable amount of time (years ago) at my chiropractor's place back in my youth when I had a golf swing-induced muscular problem in my lower back. He took good care of me then, and if there's no bone damage, I think he can do it again now. In addition to the treatment I get in his office, he will (generally) give me stretching exercises to do and he will make suggestions regarding my physical limitations (no power lifting, no doubt LOL). I think that's probably what I need. I have avoided doing anything as far as heat/cold/stretching/exercising only because I want to be sure there aren't broken bones or bulging discs before I do anything like that...don't want to aggrevate an already bad situation by trying to make it better.

I hear what you're saying, and I appreciate the effort on your part to share good information. I will seek the truth regarding the actual condition of my neck and back, and then make an informed decision about treatment. I am no fan of surgeons... ask me about the last one that cut on me, and we can talk about him for a while...

Thanks, VERY much. I also recieved a PM from a concerned board member that contained a lot of helpful information, and I appreciate everything that's been written to me on the subject....

Tom <><

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Anybody got info on how the National Championship Tourny ended up?

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My homeboys from Gaston/Kerr Lakes,Mark(Katnip)Woodard and Rodney(Bottomline)Stancil placed 11th out of 98 boats weighing in...one place out of the money.

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah,from what I understand....This thing is a 29.5 hour marathon of a tournament.Fish from 7:30am,Saturday,until the weigh-in at 1:00pm,Sunday.I love catfishing...but,****,that's 30 hours in a boat!Mark and Rodney said they drifted over ledges and other structure in 30-42' of water.To finish 11th,took 132.3 lbs.,with their big fish weighing in at 32.2.They were nosed out of the Top 10 by the last team weighing in.
The eventual winning team weighed in all blues,totaling 212 lbs...The winners also claimed Big Fish Award,with a 58 lb.'er.
Rodney and Mark are CPR GUYS and said it was a bugger keeping fish alive for a day and a half....Rodney has contacted me about fishing Gaston and Mark was invited to come along.Think that may turn into a"brain-pickin'contest"!!;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts