2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of brothers from Tx. transplated to Naples, Florida asked me to help post this report from an afternoon fishing when they probably should have been at work. My good buds Jeff and Corby were fishing in Wiggins Channel using 25lb spinning tackle managed to land, tag & release 3 Nurse sharks (5' 7' & 8') using Hardheads for bait. They also caught and thru back about 20 Mangrove Snapper and had a Manatee hanging around for a while watching the action. Great Pics and great report from my fishing bros in Florida.
Wish I was there to see it! YOU ROCK! Richman-Out!
(Poster Boy)

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Re: Great report.

Awesome, pix and report!

Freakin' BIG Slugs!

That last one looks like the 8+ footer I lost, :p right at the beach face on Monday, hook came flying out of it's upper lip!

Nice work.

;)

·
Registered
199 Posts
great pics that is cool to see those nurse sharks I have always found them interesting. I would have loved to see a manatee just hanging out

Ramon

·
Registered
73 Posts
Re: Well,...

Surf Pirate said:
Thanks for posting the pics Rich. Hey Surf Rat, how is the east coast lately? Adios Guys............. Hey Rich,,,, I ate 2
Not alot of bait around (Juno - Jupiter, on the Beach/Pier or otherwise as of Weds.), but depending on the wind and conditions if you have some bait, there are Tarpon, and 'Cuda, some small Shark (BIG and little Nurse), and all 'kinds of misc. stuff, etc., swimming around.

'Gotta put some time in.

Report from earlier this week to follow tommorrow.

Catch 'Em 'Up!

;)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Day 2

Fishing was so good on day 1 that the brothers could not resist comming back to try for a repeat on day 2, To make a long story short jumped 2 nice Tarpon one around 120lb class and fought it for a couple of minutes before it got off, also lost a monster Baracuda at their feet and tagged and released another little Nurse. I'm jealous........Hats off to another great day at boat channel for the brothers, WAY TO GO! & totally awsome pics. Thanks for sharing.
Richman-OUT!

Attachments

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
nice shark! those nurses are the best eating too, not the big ones though. that's why i love it here in florida...if there is no grouper or kings or tarpon....some where lurks a shark......yummmm

1 - 10 of 10 Posts