2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
10% Discount Promo Code "2cool10"
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was having a discussion with a fishing buddy the other night about knots to use when attaching braid to a section of mono leader. I figured the 2cool community would have some expertise on this topic. If you guys name some of the knots I will research and post visuals for all to share. I am talking braid to mono with no swivel - what do think holds the best.

Tight Lines - Rob

·
Registered
11,932 Posts
uni to uni

or use the search feature. this isn't the first time it has been discussed. :cheers:

how much are you getting for those corky's on ebay?

·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how much are you getting for those corky's on ebay?
I am shocked at what these things are selling for! I do not set the price - in fact I put them out there for .01 and people bid them up. :work: I have stocked these in the store for some time as a convenience to my locals. I never marked them up more than a buck over the price Paul charged just to cover my gas.

I can't say that I haven't paid $20+ for a bait I really wanted. Last year I had a box with all my vintage Bingo baits go over the side. To replace 5-6 of my favorites cost me some $$$. That hand painted Rapala bait made in El Campo every one uses for big girls sells for 20+ dollars.

Corky has always been sold at different price points - I think it had to do with availability. You guys close to Bill in Houston were spoiled. I have seen them in corpus bait shop over a year ago for $13 a piece. I would make a trip over to Paul's about 2-3 times a year to get mine.

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
Albright.

I was about to open a brand new pink corky devil this morning but opted to save it and tied on an older one. I think I'm going to hold on to those unopened Corkys.

·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
226 Posts
i know if you buy a pack of power pro line, they give you a pamphlet with different knots on how to connect them to mono!!

·
Banned
2,534 Posts
I've tried the double uni for a while,

but the resulting knot is too large and I had one break on a cast. Thereafter, I began to use the albright with great success. It makes the slimmest knot you can imagine and should not ever cause a problem with your guide inserts, which is my main concern. Have not had one break. It's a little tricky when you are pulling the knot down tight, but with a little practice it comes out perfect each time, and is easy to tie in the field. :cheers:

·
Tynker
291 Posts
knots

I was having a discussion with a fishing buddy the other night about knots to use when attaching braid to a section of mono leader. I figured the 2cool community would have some expertise on this topic. If you guys name some of the knots I will research and post visuals for all to share. I am talking braid to mono with no swivel - what do think holds the best.

Tight Lines - Rob
I like the blood knot.I tie 20# Power Pro to 20# 4'mono leader.I have never had it fail me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts