2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Decal

You could get a waterslide Decal, Peel and Stick or name plate done at a trophy shop to go on your butt cap. To find a builder near you just let us know which town your in I'm sure one of us here could help or we could point you to Decal Connection, or Chales at Golden Touch Decals. Charles has given me good service too. Nice guy, easy to speak too and accepts paypal. Give him a call 540 965 3076. Hope this helps you. Ed

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Rod Engraving

Just what are you referring to when you say 'engrave in a rod'? I tremble at the thought!

If you're referring to merely affixing your name, you can use a decal or weave it with thread, but disturbing the fibers of a rod by burning, cutting or otherwise mangling them weakens the rod and invites breakage.

Or; as one poster says, burn all you want into the cork handle or reel seat. I engrave my SSN into my reel seats for security; not that it works too well.

Please elaborate on what you mean by 'engraving' your name in a rod. TIA. C2

·
Banned
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just what are you referring to when you say 'engrave in a rod'? I tremble at the thought!

If you're referring to merely affixing your name, you can use a decal or weave it with thread, but disturbing the fibers of a rod by burning, cutting or otherwise mangling them weakens the rod and invites breakage.

Or; as one poster says, burn all you want into the cork handle or reel seat. I engrave my SSN into my reel seats for security; not that it works too well.

Please elaborate on what you mean by 'engraving' your name in a rod. TIA. C2
I meant on my rod. Just like some permanent writing. Just like specifications of the rod are on there I would like my name. I guess I'll do the cork.

·
Registered
161 Posts
You can have your name applied to the blank But DO NOT let anyone "engrave" your name on it unless you are looking to replace the rod. Any kind of engraving whether by engraving tool or some type of hot iron will seriously compromises the integrity of the blank structure and most like will lead to blank failure sometime in the future!!

·
MHX Pro Staff
1,355 Posts
Ok thanks. I wont do it then.
Dude,
Nobody is saying you can't have you're name put on the rod, just don't burn or carve it into the blank. If you do, it will break and when it does you'll want another for free and say it was defective.
Go to a custom builder or repair shop and ask them to print and apply a decal (just like the rod specs) in any font or color you want.

·
Banned
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dude,
Nobody is saying you can't have you're name put on the rod, just don't burn or carve it into the blank. If you do, it will break and when it does you'll want another for free and say it was defective.
Go to a custom builder or repair shop and ask them to print and apply a decal (just like the rod specs) in any font or color you want.
Oh I thought everyone was advising me to not do it at all. Yeah thats what I want. Can u help me find a place?

·
Registered
19 Posts
You can use a quill pen and testers model paint for the ink. you can practice as it takes sometime to write pretty, fancy, technical on a small round object. Alcohol will wipe it right off if you mess up, then try again. Let it dry and coat it.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
here are some ideas of decals , the white comes out as a clear so the background shows though (learned that from Raymond), the decals are "waterslide jet ink paper"

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts