2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went there on sat and dident do that well. Has anyone had a GREAT day at the boat cut this year? Best we have done was when we got into some Smacks. Last year the cut really turned on in late july- aug.

·
Banned
1,095 Posts
I haven't fished the jetties in years, and there are many different sets of conditions that determine where the trout will feed. My experience was that on single strong tide days, the current through the cut moves a little too fast, so you adjust your position away from the cut 'til you find the fish. You will probably do better on the gulf side (depending also on wind direction, of course) during the stronger tidal flow, because the cut and the channel both increase current speed. As the tide slows, esp on an outgoing, the channel is productive. It was hard to move and look for fish around the cut on weekends because it was too crowded--prolly still is--and it's a boat traffic pass. Disclaimer: There are exceptions to every fishing rule, including this one.

·
Fisher of Men
3,703 Posts
ITS FUN AT THE JETTIES. We have some spome great catches out there. Keep an eye for my post "Live From The Jetties"

·
Registered
124 Posts
Same here. Fished the "Pocket" at the N. Jetty Saturday AM with no success. Throwing plastics. Hooked what I believe was a shark, took 20 yds of line and cut the 25lb leader at the jig. Did manage to release four undersized specks, but no keepers. The tide was really moving! Lots of bait, but no solid fish. Talked to one other "hardware" guy fishing Saturday morning also, but he didn't catch anything.

I have had a few good days fishing the cut and the pocket earlier this year. No limits but some solid trout.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Jetties

depends on wich side you fish on. i have been fishing the jetties for about 40 yrs . always had better luck on the channel side . most people fish the gulf side cause it is not as rough. there two weeks ago caught 11 fish lost a few and missed a few . was there this weekend caught 5 . going back next weekend for more glad to show you around just pm me

jodie

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Last year we had some days at the boat cut that were CRAZY, just hasent happened this year. Im patient they will come.......

·
Big daddy slim
485 Posts
My son fished there a couple of days before the heavy rains and they limited on trout to 6lbs two days in a row, live shrimp and finger mullet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts