2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
What's a Corky?
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and Hop hit the jetties Wednesday morning first of all surprised by a 15-20 mph wind. Pulled up into the pocket only to get immediately distracted by HUGE explosions under birds out off the beach. Ran out to see something? very long, cylindrical (not a jack) explode on some bait 50 yds out. Worked the area for quite a while with nothing to show but a few macks. Never did figure out what it was crashing bait. Headed back to the rocks and managed 4 keeper trout to 24". Three caught by Hop on shrimp under cork and one by myself (the big one of course!) on Red/White TTK. Lots more macks which kept us entertained while we made our assault on the Miller Lite population. The wind died just in time for our run back so made some detours to make sure the Miller population stayed under control. Great day on the water and even managed a few fish. I have not fished the jetties in probably 3 years so I was happy to manage anything. Just got done eating some of yesterdays catch and that really was a good day!!!!!!

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
cfred,
glad you guys caught some trout and the macs are fun. Was it blowing Wed. morning? I can't even remember yesterday!

·
What's a Corky?
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, it was blowing pretty good up til about 11:30 then it went dead. Blowing almost straight out the jetty just slightly from the pocket side. At least it kept us cool, I didn't plan on being able to stay out much past 10:00 with the temps but it was very comfortable with the breaze and not so bad you couldn't fish. I enjoyed getting back out on the jetties but from the looks of the tides Tues. Wed. this week think I'll be back in the bay, either East or maybe up on the channel soakin' some croaks.

·
Registered
243 Posts
The fish you saw jummping were most likely king mackeral. They will come into the jetty's and start busting bait and really fly out of the water. We have caught a few at the Jetty drifting ribbonfish when the conditions are right.

Mark

·
What's a Corky?
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That was pretty much what we were guessing. I guess it really would have been interesting on my curado huh? We were actually talking about it as we casted, that we knew if we hooked up it would be a short battle but still wanted to see it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.