2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
T-top bag. Last weekend during the FLW tournament one of the guys said "I sure hope we don't need those life jackets in a hurry". Sure enough when I tried to pull the zipper open it was stuck shut. I guess the salt crystals can freeze up these plastic zippers. I've got some zipper grease to fix the problem.

As a newbie learning the ropes, I thought I'd pass along this eye-opener for me. When's the last time you checked yours?

·
Firm Member
1,966 Posts
Kevin, how did ya'll fare in the tourney? I havent kept up...

·
Banned
192 Posts
king bling for future rfferance , when the Ttop gets salted , best to remove the jackets and clean them as well as the ttop , unless you feel like cutting the Tbag should u ever need a life jacket. wonder how the coast guard would react to your lifejackets stuck behind the Salty Zipper of Doom! :/

·
Registered
883 Posts
Kevin,

The worst thing for a zipper is not using it. You might want to get Donnahoe to pull on it before and after each tournament. Im sure you have already checked his T-Bag (on his Contender).

LW

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
T-bags and zippers, a potentially painful situation.

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
I thought th cg regs stated that life preservers were to be stored out in the open at the ready. I was warned because mine were under a lid on a built in dry box, and they did not consider that at the ready. This was last summer in eaqst bay.

·
Vendor
2,793 Posts
Hard to do that but yeah...I think you're right. If the boat is sinkin I can get em but if it catches fire I will probably be in the water.

kevin leftwich said:
I thought th cg regs stated that life preservers were to be stored out in the open at the ready. I was warned because mine were under a lid on a built in dry box, and they did not consider that at the ready. This was last summer in eaqst bay.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
WAHOO-YAHOO said:
Kevin, how did ya'll fare in the tourney? I havent kept up...
We ended up 6th at FLW with a 43 lb'er. We fished in my boat for the last tournament, but we are fishing as Team Force 10 (Chris's team). His boat has been mis-behaving so it was in "time-out" last weekend.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Reel Screamer said:
Kevin,

The worst thing for a zipper is not using it. You might want to get Donnahoe to pull on it before and after each tournament. Im sure you have already checked his T-Bag (on his Contender).

LW

1 - 16 of 16 Posts