2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok the rut is about to kick off & my wife stated she wanted to sit in a stand with me tomorrow afternoon. Not only will I have to pack her wine, but it's going to be DANG COLD. I was instructed to also pack a heater so she's comfortable & not too cold.

We all know the big boys are about to start showing themselves, my question is how long will I be able to sit before she tells me it's time to drive around & hunt b/c,,,,, it's TOO DANG COLD.

I've told her over & over that we're not going anywhere until dark, do I believe it? What's the over & under on the time I've got to lug all that **** down? I plan on sitting at 3, dare I say we make it to 4???
:work::work::headknock

Then it's time for :cheers:... at dark of course... The good news is I've already killed my big boy back in October but you never know what can bust loose next..

·
Registered
44 Posts
Wife

Enjoy it buddy!!! My wife climbed up in the stand with me a couple of weeks ago... for the morning and evening hunt. She was a trooper... but decided to sleep in the last morning hunt. It wasn't cold though... so she may have opted out of it had it been in the 30s. Good luck and pack some whiskey just in case...

·
www.RipCharts.com
1,855 Posts
Good luck + have fun.

You could spend about $10 on those chemical hand + body warmers as "hunting insurance".

I've used them when temps get < 30 degrees when hunting up north and they can make a difference in your comfort level. I've put the small hand warmers on the back of my hand between my liner and heavy glove. I've also put the bigger body sized warmer on the inside pocket of my coat.

·
Hunt/Fish, Eat, Sleep, REPEAT!!
683 Posts
Well you and I are in the same boat cause my wife's birthday is Saturday and she told me she wanted to go deer hunting. So I am bringing her to my buddies place in RockSprings, and once she found out it might snow she had all but packed her bags to go! What she doesn't realize is that Sat. morning its supposed to be in the teens!!!! I don't believe she will make it 1 hour in the stand... I might have to convince her to sleep in and just make the afternoon hunts!

·
Bird Flu Eradication Team
2,299 Posts
they should be moving, and as long as it is comfy (heater and wine) and there are some deer to watch i think you are good to go til dark. make sure she has her OWN pair of binocs!!!

if you think it will be too cold, bring her a sleeping bag to slide into while sitting...as if you needed to drag something else up there

if there arent many deer moving...you are in trouble

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The last time I took her to the stand was the begining of November. Everything was perfect, the sun was going down, the feeder had just gone off, I can see movement, I'm getting pumped & ready to get my hunting game face on when she says:

"Hey shall we enjoy our marital pleasures?":bounce::spineyes::dance::help::bounce:

You could hear the gears grinding from hunting mode to husband mode. She messes with me all the time, this is why I have no clue as to what to expect tomorrow afternoon.

·
Hunt/Fish, Eat, Sleep, REPEAT!!
683 Posts
The last time I took her to the stand was the begining of November. Everything was perfect, the sun was going down, the feeder had just gone off, I can see movement, I'm getting pumped & ready to get my hunting game face on when she says:

"Hey shall we enjoy our marital pleasures?":bounce::spineyes::dance::help::bounce:

You could hear the gears grinding from hunting mode to husband mode. She messes with me all the time, this is why I have no clue as to what to expect tomorrow afternoon.
Just be sure to bring plenty of duck sausage that way she can use the downtime constructively!

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
How did it go Mich?
Had Catherine in a stand with me Sat morning at the Hollywood Camp. It was 22 degrees and I assure you there was no chance she was shedding any clothes......
I tried to give the 7 illegals that walked across the field behind us something to watch, but it was just too cold.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How did it go Mich?
Had Catherine in a stand with me Sat morning at the Hollywood Camp. It was 22 degrees and I assure you there was no chance she was shedding any clothes......
I tried to give the 7 illegals that walked across the field behind us something to watch, but it was just too cold.
Man it was cold but we had a heater which made all the difference in the world. Saw some great bucks (one close to the size I shot earlier this year) but they're still not wound up too much right now, I think a few more weeks the rut will be in full swing.

I guess the REAL answer to "how did it go" won't be revealed until AFTER the ultra-sound. God bless that bride of mine. It was cold outside & she didn't even make fun of "it", she understand the whole shrinkage principle...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.